Are computer games actually harmful to youth? Essay (Essay Sample)
This essay will be a research paper, I have some demand with this paper:
1. Must use the articles and videos I provide. I will give four articles and 1 video.
Here is the video link : https://www(dot)ted(dot)com/talks/jesse_schell_when_games_invade_real_life
2.Because I am a language student, so don't use too difficult words in this paper. I want to get around 80 mark in this paper.
3. This essay will be a cause effect essay.
Are computer games actually harmful to youth?
Children’s brains adapt to change faster they learn new things, cut adults are less receptive to changing their way of thinking, and exposure to video games which can lead to addiction and at times aggressive behavior among the youth. Researchers have focused on whether there is addiction by looking at whether there is excessive use, withdrawal, tolerance and negative consequences. Tolerance is the compulsive reaction to anxiety of not playing the computer games, and the negative consequences include social isolation and neglecting daily activities (Griffiths, 1998). Most adolescents who play computer video games do not suffer video game addiction or show violent tendencies, but there is still risk of excessive use. Computer games are harmful to adolescents to the extent that there is addiction and higher risk of engaging in violence or overly aggressive behavior, but the proportion of those who are addicted or and prone to violence is small, while many are part of the gaming community who may play interactive games.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Homeless Essays
- Salem witch trials Essays
- Medicinal marijuana Essays
- The yellow wallpaper Essays
- Fear Essays
- Freedom of speech Essays
- Women rights Essays
- Modest proposal Essays
- Domestic violence Essays
- The story of an hour Essays
- Hamlet Essays
- Social networking Essays
- A good man is hard to find Essays
- Illegal immigration Essays
- Civil rights movement Essays
- Poetry analysis Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to video games:
- Thom & DeLillo Discussion. Literature & Language CourseworkDescription: In the Perfect Picture, Thom had a big, bulky speed graphic camera which was regarded as the trademark for a newspaper’s reporter. On the other hand, in Videotape, DeLillo took a simple family video using a video camera...1 page/≈275 words | No Sources | MLA | Literature & Language | Coursework |
- Factorial ANOVA with aggressive behavior in teenage boysDescription: You introduce the levels of the IVs in two different places (suggesting three levels in the first par., two levels later on), but it is not clear which IV you are referring to. ...2 pages/≈550 words | No Sources | APA | Psychology | Essay |
- Frontline: A Death in St. Augustine. Reaction PaperDescription: Watching “Frontline: A Death in St. Augustine” has made me realize that even law enforcers are not immune to domestic violence and that their victims are even more disadvantaged than ordinary victims of domestic violence. ...4 pages/≈1100 words | 1 Source | APA | Social Sciences | Reaction Paper |