Are computer games actually harmful to youth? Essay (Essay Sample)
This essay will be a research paper, I have some demand with this paper:
1. Must use the articles and videos I provide. I will give four articles and 1 video.
Here is the video link : https://www(dot)ted(dot)com/talks/jesse_schell_when_games_invade_real_life
2.Because I am a language student, so don't use too difficult words in this paper. I want to get around 80 mark in this paper.
3. This essay will be a cause effect essay.
Are computer games actually harmful to youth?
Children’s brains adapt to change faster they learn new things, cut adults are less receptive to changing their way of thinking, and exposure to video games which can lead to addiction and at times aggressive behavior among the youth. Researchers have focused on whether there is addiction by looking at whether there is excessive use, withdrawal, tolerance and negative consequences. Tolerance is the compulsive reaction to anxiety of not playing the computer games, and the negative consequences include social isolation and neglecting daily activities (Griffiths, 1998). Most adolescents who play computer video games do not suffer video game addiction or show violent tendencies, but there is still risk of excessive use. Computer games are harmful to adolescents to the extent that there is addiction and higher risk of engaging in violence or overly aggressive behavior, but the proportion of those who are addicted or and prone to violence is small, while many are part of the gaming community who may play interactive games.
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to video games:
- Does surveillance camera use mean end of personal privacy and basic right?Description: Everyone is being entitled to human rights. These rights make us do everything we want to do. Compromising any of these rights is like removing our right to live. One of the rights we have is the right to personal privacy....1 page/≈550 words | No Sources | MLA | Technology | Essay |
- Frontline: The Child Cases and Shaken Baby SyndromeDescription: The sudden and unexpected death of a baby is at times attributed to the Shaken Baby Syndrome (SBS) and sometimes caretakers stand accused of causing such deaths erroneously. ...3 pages/≈825 words | 5 Sources | APA | Social Sciences | Essay |
- Thom & DeLillo Discussion. Literature & Language CourseworkDescription: In the Perfect Picture, Thom had a big, bulky speed graphic camera which was regarded as the trademark for a newspaper’s reporter. On the other hand, in Videotape, DeLillo took a simple family video using a video camera...1 page/≈275 words | No Sources | MLA | Literature & Language | Coursework |