Biblical Counseling. Religion & Theology Term Paper (Term Paper Sample)
CO 5702-W Reaction Paper Instructions and Rubric
Write a 4-page (minimum) paper in which you provide an overview of biblical counseling by incorporating answers to the questions below into your paper. The paper should be double-spaced and conform to Turabian guidelines. Attach a cover page but no outline page. You may write in first person. If you quote, you must add that much more to the length of your paper, but do cite your sources when you mention them. You are not required to use sources from outside the course but if you do they should be cited. You should attach a bibliography page at the end of the paper and a cover page (6 pages total as a minimum).
1. How important is the role of biblical theology in biblical counseling? How equipped are you to guide a counselee in understanding biblical/theological concepts that relate to issues pertaining to salvation, sanctification, and personal problems or issues? (Write at least one page).
2. Are you comfortable with the Exchanged Life Counseling Process Model (Appendix B)? What is your opinion of the modified model that I use (Cobb’s Model or the Biblical Counseling Process Model)? See the “Comparison of Counseling Models” handout for help in answering this question. (Write at least one page).
3. Evaluate the usefulness of the Needham text as a source for reading assignments (homework) in the counseling process? Is the practical theology of Needham understandable to the typical lay person or do you think the concepts would be too difficult for the average believer that you know? Explain. (Write at least one page).
4. Charles Solomon is one of the early founders of the Exchanged Life counseling movement (what he calls Spirituotherapy). Solomon includes a great deal about his personal Christian experience and his experiences as a counselor in his writings—do you find this helpful, distracting, or somewhere in between? Do you find Solomon’s copious diagrams helpful, confusing, or something else? Explain. (Write at least one page).
5. Be sure and write a summative conclusion at the end of your paper. (Write at least one paragraph).
See full rubric below
Rubric for Reaction Paper
70 points possible • How important is the role of biblical theology in biblical counseling? How equipped are you?
• Are you comfortable with the Exchanged Life Counseling Model?
• Your opinion of Needham and its applicability
• Your view of Solomon’s writings
• Cover page
• Bibliography page
.General Process Model (GPM) Counseling Process is what I favor. My opinion modified model that I would use.
How important is the role of biblical theology in biblical counseling? How equipped are you to guide a counselee in understanding biblical/theological concepts that relate to issues pertaining to salvation, sanctification, and personal problems or issues?
The necessity of biblical theology in biblical counseling has been indicated in numerous books of the Bible. The most significant point of reference is the book of Titus and 1st and 2nd Timothy. In his letter, Paul emphasizes the importance of biblical doctrines in everyday life of an individual. Counselling is a dialogue dealing with the sharing of wisdom of the perception of God on his understanding of reality for counselees (Lambert, 2016). Further, the primary principle of biblical theology is to establish what the Bible teaches today about any given topic.
The Bible and its teachings are relevant because man obtains change from counselling. Man is not autonomous but dependent upon his creator, and he must gain wisdom and knowledge through revelation.
- Marriage the Role of Husband; Role of WifeDescription: Marriage is the legal process or a religious process which two people become husband and wife. It is the state of two people getting married. The bible defines marriage as a holy agreement before God....7 pages/≈1925 words | 5 Sources | Other | Religion & Theology | Term Paper |