In-depth Examination of Terrorist Group Social Sciences Research Paper (Research Paper Sample)
You will choose a terrorist group and prepare an in-depth examination of it.
Provide an in-depth analysis, starting with an overview of the group. Analyze the group’s overall ideology and its history. The geographic makeup of the group will be identified along with best known data such as size and activities past and present. The group’s tactics, behaviors, and methodologies of activity, including a discussion of force multipliers and terrorist structures and operational issues such as finance and administration, will be examined. The analysis will be written in standard APA formatting using headings and references. A minimum of 5 references is required. The examination must be at least 5 full pages of content.
• Minimum of 5 full pages, not counting title and reference pages
• A research-oriented paper in current APA format
• At least 5 sources
Al-Qaeda is a worldwide terrorist system established by Osama Bin Laden. The organization is wanted due to its involvement in the September 11, 2001 attack in the Pentagon (Braniff, & Moghadam, 2011). Al-Qaeda was established around 1988 by Osama bin Laden and the Palestinian religious researcher Azzam, assisted in the financing, employing, transporting, and training hundreds of fighters from various nations to be among the Afghan resistance in order to conquer the Soviet Union (Gray, 2015). Osama bin Laden was born in 1957, joined the university in Saudi Arabia, where he became intensely influenced by Wahhabi teachings, and later helped the Islamists group against the communist in Yemen. After the Soviets attacked Afghanistan in 1979, Bin Laden arrived in Pakistan in order to help the Afghan movements in their battle against the Soviets. In around 1984, Azzam, a Palestinian Jordanian, established Afghan Service Bureau, also known as MAK. MAK offered substantial assistance to the Arab mujahidin and their relatives. Osama bin Laden joined the organization, and Azzam became his advisor. As Azzam employed hundreds of Muslim youths In order to fight the Soviets, Osama controlled millions of dollars and other essential resources into the Afghan Jihad. Before the Soviets pull out from Afghanistan, Azzam and Osama decided to establish a new group in 1988 known as al-Qaeda, which became a foundation of inspiration and ideal for Muslims to follow.
- Nexus of Homeland Security & Terrorism Social Sciences Research PaperDescription: You will examine the nexus between terrorism and homeland security. You will analyze the use of all phases of emergency management (mitigation, preparedness, response, and recovery and the subcomponents found in each phase) as much as is applicable as each relates directly to terrorism...7 pages/≈1925 words | APA | Social Sciences | Research Paper |
- Political Science Research Analysis. How Countries Maintain Authoritarian Rule?Description: In an authoritarian country, the system of polices employed by the government are greatly focused on control and order, where these countries favor the dominant command of the authority rather than the citizens freedom (Vasquez, 2016). Additionally, an authoritarian form of government,...9 pages/≈2475 words | APA | Social Sciences | Research Paper |
- Effect On The Effect Of Environment From Global WarmingDescription: With increased emissions of greenhouse gases (GHGs) from burning fossil fuels releasing carbon, global warming is a worldwide issue that has gained growing importance. While scientists have presented overwhelming evidence of climate change, the public is often polarized over the critical questions...5 pages/≈1375 words | APA | Social Sciences | Research Paper |