Women and Gender Gaps History Essay Research Paper (Essay Sample)
1. Select & Read
1 additional essay from the NACLA special issue “Women Rising in the Americas”
any recent news story related to women &/or gender in Latin America.
If you’re logged into the VPN, you can access the full issue of NACLA here:
2. In your discussion board post, summarize the article, explain why you chose it, and what questions it raises for you.
3. Make a connection between your chosen piece and 1 of the 3 other short articles you read this week:
Fernandez Anderson, Cora. 2016. “Reproductive Inequalities.” NACLA Report on the Americas, Vol. 48, No. 1 (Spring): 15-17.
Boesten, Jelke. 2018. “Ni Una Menos Stares Down Conservative Reaction.” NACLA (May 8).
Dawn Paley and Laura Weiss, “Women Rising in the Americas,” NACLA Report on the Americas. 50: 4 (December 2018).
4. Be sure to include a link or attachment of your chosen article.
Women and Gender Gaps
Women and Gender Gaps
The article selected is More women in Latin America are working, but gender gap persists, new UN figures show, published on the UN News website. It centers on a study that was done collaboratively by the UN’s Economic Commission for Latin American and the Caribbean (ECLAC) and the International Labor Organization (ILO). The article discusses the study findings, which centers on issues affecting women’s role and participation in formal careers are discussed. At the same time, the socio-economic benefits of women in the workforce are also highlighted. The authors note that the main factors that will enhance development, fairness, and economic growth are hinged on how women can access employment opportunities, and the quest to reduce the gender gaps. Despite the progress that has been realized in reducing the gender, the research affirmed that the gap was still large, especially regarding employment and participation in key roles in the society. Moreover, the finding affirmed that women earn less for each working hour compared to men of the same age, education, and economic status (UN News, 2019).
- Jansen and Osterhammel Reflection History Essay PaperDescription: Decolonization has a long history way back during the first world war. The term decolonization is often used to describe the dissolving empire in the political aspect. It is the period wherein colonialism starts to decline. Some define decolonization as shifting to local power from a colonial rule....4 pages/≈1100 words | APA | History | Essay |
- Discussion 1. The Rite of Spring. History AssignmentDescription: The Rite of Spring is associated with pagan sacrifice, abduction, and Paris spirits in terms of performance content. This explains the reason why the audience rioted....1 page/≈275 words | APA | History | Essay |
- Postwar America 1945-1960. Provide specific details and examples.Description: Postwar America marks the time between 1945 and 1960. In particular, it was the period after World War II, where the United States of America (USA) experienced a cold war....1 page/≈275 words | APA | History | Essay |