HA Religion Gender in the American Revolution & Theology Coursework (Coursework Sample)
In your textbook, review the Primary Sources essay on pp. 135-140. Keeping in mind the strategies we discussed in class for analyzing historical images, answer the following questions:
1. How do these diverse images of women contribute to our understanding of how gender shaped the experience of the American Revolution?
2. The images have propagandistic purposes. What do these images suggest about the role gender and sexuality play in conceptualizing both war aims and patriotic service?
3. How can historians analyze these propagandistic images in the effort to reconstruct the actual experiences of women in the revolutionary era?
You can number your responses. However, please use paragraph form and complete sentences to answer the questions.
Note: You can type directly in the box or upload a Word document with your response (no other file types, please).
Gender in the American Revolution
Subject and Section
February 07, 2020
1 How do these different images of women contribute to our understanding of how gender shaped the experience of the American Revolution?
The great awakening supported an improvement of the social hierarchies that put an end to gender discrimination (Fogel, 2000). Women were the prominent participants in the evangelical revival which resulted in the promotion of a strict egalitarianism that, promoted a rough egalitarianism that many authorities raised political concerns as well, in conjunction with this, the European intellectual movement stressed the rights of each person, the purpose of reason, social growth and the value of scientific method (Williams et al., 1998).
Before, men were the only one that can participate in public debates, but some people questioned the authority embedded in their gender system, which resulted in a change. Women from different factions actively joined the events that surround the revolutionary conflict. Women never allowed to fight before during the war. As a result, they disguise themselves as a man to fight. Another method that women practice supporting in the war was by making homespun, which is a handmade cloth that used on revolutionary logos after they inflicted boycotts on British goods(Williams et al., 1998).
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to religion:
- 99 names of God. Religion & Theology Research PaperDescription: Muslims have a wide array of names for God. Moreover, they believe in one God, Allah, even though God is also described by other words which are used to reveal the deity’s abilities and superhuman nature. ...1 page/≈275 words | APA | Religion & Theology | Research Paper |
- Comparing Religions ( what you should eat). Research PaperDescription: Since time immemorial, different religions around the world have dietary practices and food traditions as outlined in the doctrines of their faith. Nonetheless, many of these religions believe that a healthy diet plays an essential role in the growth, development, and health of their adherents....5 pages/≈1375 words | MLA | Religion & Theology | Research Paper |
- God in America. Religion and Theology Assignment.Description: A New Adam is one of the most interesting episodes of God in America. It makes us question how religious belief has shaped the history of the United States and what roles religions and spiritual experiences play in shaping the cultural, political and social life of people....1 page/≈275 words | APA | Religion & Theology | Essay |