Saturday Night Fever(1977) 3-2-1 Forum Visual Arts Movie Review (Movie Review Sample)
Follows these steps to take part in this week's forum:
Watch Saturday Night Fever
Read this week's article "Gender and Class Mobility in Saturday Night Fever and Flashdance" by Chris Jordan.
Watch this week's Lecture
Open a new document on your computer
Write a response to the following prompts:
- Outline 3 ways that the key themes for the unit - discrimination, gender, heteronormativity - function in Saturday Night Fever
- State 2 things you found interesting in the reading “Gender and Class Mobility in Saturday Night Fever and Flashdance" by Chris Jordan.
- Describe 1 dance scene from the film that illustrates one or more of the key themes
It should also look at how the dances in the movies relate to the themes of the film and provide some more information about dance.
Saturday Night Fever 3-2-1 Forum
Saturday Night Fever 3-2-1 Forum
Saturday Night Fever has numerous interesting scenes that depict various themes that include homosexuality, criticism, gender through bristling and raw sciences, with a tough battle aimed at demeaning the femine gender.
* Tony Manero, an Italian American living in New York experiences tough criticism from his maternal father. He did not go to college, an is therefore, despised because this is making him earn less money from the hardware. The father describes Tony as a desperate person who disregards his dancing talent and does not want to grow. In order to escape the criticism and ills he experiences in his life, he goes to the local disco club and becomes king of the dance floor. It is at this place that he receives the respect and admirations he wants.
* Homosexuality is another theme that is vividly portrayed in this film. The diverse relationships are depicted with conventional sexual themes, where sex and love take place between individuals of the same gender. The disco music played throughout the movie is also an
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Art Essays
- Sociology Essays
- Capital punishment Essays
- Imperialism Essays
- Childhood obesity Essays
- Nursing career Essays
- Physician assisted suicide Essays
- Ethnography Essays
- Dance Essays
- Depression Essays
- Conflict Essays
- Scientific Essays
- Human rights Essays
- Career Essays
- A rose for emily Essays
- Personal experiences Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to art essays:
- Saturday Night Fever 3-2-1 Forum Visual Arts Movie ReviewDescription: Gender- Men are depicted as losers and quitters while women seem to be hardworking and have been put on a pedestal. This is evident from the association of men with jobs of low-class nature in the movie. Moreover, Stephanie is as well described as a good dancer but the movie focuses...1 page/≈275 words | APA | Visual & Performing Arts | Movie Review |
- Entrepreneurial Article 1 Business & Marketing Essay Research PaperDescription: This study adds to the previous research conducted on how entrepreneurship relates to sustainable development. In the study, Dhari and Omri (2018) aimed at investigating the capacity of entrepreneur to promote economic development and growth, support environmental sustainability,...1 page/≈275 words | APA | Business & Marketing | Essay |
- Critique #3. Critique of American Gothic. Genre: Art (painting)Description: Grant Wood’s American Gothic is unquestionably a masterpiece and ranks among the finest work of art of its day. Although the painting is perceived by many to be an enigmatic composition, it is firmly entrenched in America’s art culture....2 pages/≈550 words | MLA | Visual & Performing Arts | Essay |