Biblical Belief of Gun Control Research Assignment (Essay Sample)
Matthew 26:52-54 ESV / 161 helpful votes Then Jesus said to him, Put your sword back into its place. For all who take the sword will perish by the sword. Do you think that I cannot appeal to my Father, and he will at once send me more than twelve legions of angels? But how then should the Scriptures be fulfilled, that it must be so?
ESV / 115 helpful votes He said to them, But now let the one who has a moneybag take it, and likewise a knapsack. And let the one who has no sword sell his cloak and buy one.
Luke 11:21-22 ESV / 104 helpful votes When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own palace, his goods are safe; but when one stronger than he attacks him and overcomes him, he takes away his armor in which he trusted and divides his spoil.
Ecclesiastes 9:18 ESV / 91 helpful votes Wisdom is better than weapons of war, but one sinner destroys much good.
Romans 12:19 ESV / 79 helpful votes Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, -Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.
Exodus 22:2-3 ESV / 61 helpful votes If a thief is found breaking in and is struck so that he dies, there shall be no bloodguilt for him, but if the sun has risen on him, there shall be bloodguilt for him. He shall surely pay. If he has nothing, then he shall be sold for his theft.
Matthew 5:38-39 ESV / 44 helpful votes -You have heard that it was said, An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.ЎЇ But I say to you, Do not resist the one who is evil. But if anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also.
Psalm 144:1 ESV / 43 helpful votes Of David. Blessed be the Lord, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle;
Romans 13:4 ESV / 37 helpful votes For he is God's servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God's wrath on the wrongdoer.
Numbers 31:3 ESV / 37 helpful votes So Moses spoke to the people, saying, -Arm men from among you for the war, that they may go against Midian to execute the Lord's vengeance on Midian.
Biblical Belief of Gun Control
Gun control has been a subject of controversy but the Bible supports the need for self-control in relation to gun control. Without control, use of weapons not only guns lead to uncontrollable destruction. It encourages revenge thus, more killings and vengeance. For instance, Christ warns against the use of the sword in Matthew 26:52-53 when he says, “Put your sword back into its place. For all who take the sword will perish by the sword.”
The Bible also advocates for gun control as a way of preventing sin. In essence, a gun or any deadly weapon damages property or destroys life which is replenishable. The old testament in Ecclesiastes 9:18 states that, “Wisdom is better than weapons of war, but one sinner destroys much good.” This verse indicates that use of a destructive gadget brings great harm than the good deeds of a single man. Use of wisdom is part of gun control. Moreover, gun control aims at protecting and stopping current social evil against escalating. Matthew 6:34: “Therefore, do not worry about tomorrow for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.” Hence, gun control is there to curb the high rates of violence and other social evils.
Considerably, guns are not the best s
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Animal cruelty Essays
- Kill a mockingbird Essays
- Homeless Essays
- Salem witch trials Essays
- Medicinal marijuana Essays
- The yellow wallpaper Essays
- Fear Essays
- Freedom of speech Essays
- Women rights Essays
- Modest proposal Essays
- Domestic violence Essays
- The story of an hour Essays
- Hamlet Essays
- Social networking Essays
- A good man is hard to find Essays
- Illegal immigration Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to gun control:
- Policy Brief on USA Gun Violence Research AssignmentDescription: One example for a Policy brief could be on how to improve the system of background checks on anyone attempting to purchase a gun. Please feel free to talk about other similar options for a policy brief. ...6 pages/≈1650 words | 3 Sources | APA | Law | Research Paper |
- Arguments Assignment: Opposition To Gun ControlDescription: This is an essay that is anti gun control, then the main content must have the reason that the guns can be using as self protection and protect your personal rights. You can have other reasons but this one must be included. ...3 pages/≈825 words | 5 Sources | MLA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- Should Congress Restrict The Rights Of Citizens To Keep Ad Bear ArmsDescription: Legal gun owners are responsible and handle their firearms with care, and even in cities with strict gun control laws, gun deaths tend to be higher...1 page/≈275 words | No Sources | MLA | Literature & Language | Essay |