Culture and Perception Paper Social Sciences Essay (Essay Sample)
In 1,000-1,250 words, complete the following:
Describe the cultural identity of a particular cultural group and how the culture’s identity is represented symbolically in the culture’s communication patterns, values, language, architecture, pastimes, art, relational roles, societal systems, behaviors, etc. (Comp 2.1 Interpret the meaning of symbols across cultures.).
Compare and contrast symbolic representations of a particular cultural group via media channels in that culture, in the U.S. media, and academic research findings.
Evaluate the role of mass media channels in intercultural communication. What impact do mass media have on intercultural perceptions and interactions?
Project must have a minimum of five scholarly sources.
Culture and Perception
Culture and Perception
Zimmermann (2015) defines culture as the shared characteristics of a particular group of people, including social behaviors, religion, art, literature, music, and cuisine. Cultures are of different sizes and can either be in the same geographical location or widespread. Islamic culture is a religious culture. It represents the standard practices of Muslim people. Cultural identity refers to the feeling of belonging to a group of people (Zimmermann, 2015). Islamic culture is united by the Islamic religion, one of the oldest and most prominent religions globally, and Christianity. Striphas (2015) argues that cultural identity is a subsection of the broader communication theory of identity, which outlines four major cultural frames, including the enactment of communication, personal frame, communal, and relationship frames. These frames define the identity of a culture.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Relationship Essays
- Plagiarism Essays
- Poems Essays
- Identity Essays
- Vaccination Essays
- Death penalty Essays
- Cold war Essays
- Song analysis Essays
- Animal cruelty Essays
- Kill a mockingbird Essays
- Homeless Essays
- Salem witch trials Essays
- Medicinal marijuana Essays
- The yellow wallpaper Essays
- Fear Essays
- Freedom of speech Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to culture essays:
- Cultural Influences on Business and Tips for Doing Business in Another CultureDescription: Americans are long-term minded individuals. There is a reason why the freest country in the world is also the most developed. The United States (U.S.) has business sprouting in every little town. Las Vegas was born out of an individual's dream for a sprawling hub of casinos and hotels. ...8 pages/≈2200 words | APA | Management | Coursework |
- SourcNew artistic and cultural expression of western culture. Description: Immigration has increased the diversity of the people in one country or region. This led to a diversified culture in one nation. The culture of the immigrants and the locals mix and result in various norms, beliefs, and traditions that may or may not be different from the original....2 pages/≈550 words | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- Significance of Kaiser Permanente's culture and values EssayDescription: An organization’s culture and values are what make the workplace a better place. In particular, these elements control employees’ behaviors and create an identity for a firm. As such, people outside the company recognizes it due to its culture and values. Workers also interact well in an organization...3 pages/≈825 words | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |