The Second Great Awakening: A Christian Nation? (History Research Paper) (Research Paper Sample)
Briefly states the main idea (thesis) of the article.
Discusses at least three important facts or evidence that the author uses to support his thesis.
Evaluates the article. What is your opinion of the article and why?
The Second Great Awakening: A Christian Nation?
The article titled “The Second Great Awakening: A Christian Nation” offers details of a period in American history where the country almost became a Christian Nation. The Second Great Awakening happened between the 1790s and the 1840s. This period was characterized by religious enthusiasm that swept across the country with evangelicals fighting hard to ensure that the United States becomes a Christian Nation.
In the article, the author makes use of several facts or evidence that support his thesis. The first one is the evangelical revivalism that started in Cane Ridge Kentucky. The author notes that this revivalism happened on August 6, 1801. It is possible to dismiss it and consider
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Social networking Essays
- A good man is hard to find Essays
- Illegal immigration Essays
- Civil rights movement Essays
- Poetry analysis Essays
- Racial discrimination Essays
- Sociological imagination Essays
- Feminist Essays
- Industrial revolution Essays
- Culture Essays
- Drunk driving Essays
- Cell phone Essays
- Art Essays
- Sociology Essays
- Capital punishment Essays
- Imperialism Essays
- The Witch and We, the People History Research PaperDescription: The article’s main idea is about how enlightenment continues or continued to elude people despite the era being considered the age of enlightenment. Also, it is crucial to mention that Philadelphia was at the time the “intellectual capital of the United States....1 page/≈275 words | MLA | History | Research Paper |
- Roanoke the lost colony History Research Paper EssayDescription: During colonialism, there were Spanish and English arrivals in America in the late 1500s. In North Carolina was an island, Roanoke, which had around 150 inhabitants. Once there were settlers, they mapped the area and prepared for the coming of the second group. The second group worked...1 page/≈275 words | No Sources | MLA | History | Research Paper |
- Research Paper #4 History Research Paper CourseworkDescription: The Cypresses appear many of the paintings by Van Gogh, who painted nature in the peak of its splendor. The artist was impressed by impressionists and adopted impasto as his painting skill. This paper drives at meaning, interpretations and analysis of one illustration of art by Van Gogh...3 pages/≈825 words | MLA | History | Research Paper |