Policy Analysis on abortion Social Sciences Research Paper (Research Paper Sample)
A 3-4 page, single-spaced memo or brief.
The November 3, 2020, general election is going to be an important election with local, state, and national implications. The National Association of Social Workers Code of Ethics (2017) specifies that political action is a key aspect of social work practice. With so much at stake for health care, civil and human rights, and other issues of great interest to social workers, engaging in election activities is something every social worker should do.
The submission should describe the policy proposal of interest and present a recommendation about whether the proposal should be supported by social workers or not. This recommendation must be supported by analysis that includes (not necessarily in this order):
1. Description of the proposal, including both overt goals and possible unstated goals. Include context about which candidate has published the proposal and whether it is associated with actual legislation or is just a draft proposal on a campaign website. (Abortion should be legal , let a woman make the decision about her body .This paper should be written in favor of abortion )
2. Background on the social problem the proposal seeks to address.
3. Identification of key stakeholders, including populations that may be impacted through inclusion or exclusion from the policy.
4. Assessment of whether the proposal/plan has sufficient detail to allow for full analysis of its potential to achieve the stated goals. If there isn’t sufficient detail, explain what is needed to know whether the policy would work or not. (Breaking down the Democratic nominee's stance and plans for reproductive rights).
5. Evaluation of the potential impacts of the policy, if implemented. If possible, an equity analysis should describe about how particularly vulnerable or historically marginalized populations may be affected. If there is insufficient detail provided to allow a full analysis, this section may include some specific unanswered questions that must be addressed in order to understand the equity impacts of the proposal(Where Does Joe Biden Stand on Abortion? What are his proposal for abortion and how is his
6. Recommendation – should this proposal/plan be supported? yes .
POLICY ANALYSIS ON ABORTION
TO: Dr. David Kay
FROM: Jane Matthew
DATE: 726 October, 2020
RE: Policy Analysis on Abortion
The discussion on abortion has been a heated debate across America for a long time. There has been a lot of controversy surrounding the issue of abortion and whether women should be given the liberty to abort at will. However, the issue of morality and ethics has always dominated the discussion on whether abortion should be legalized or not. In some countries, anti-abortion laws and policies have been developed, denying women the chance to abort at will, while other countries have left the discussion open, allowing women to only abort when the life of the pregnant mother is at stake. This policy memorandum analyzes the issue of abortion as a policy in the US, why abortion should be legalized, and its benefits to society.
Description of the Policy on Abortion
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Things fall apart Essays
- Abraham lincoln Essays
- Heart of darkness Essays
- Suicide Essays
- Fast food Essays
- Short story Essays
- French revolution Essays
- High school Essays
- Standardized testing Essays
- Marijuana Essays
- Brave new world Essays
- Respect Essays
- Stem cell Essays
- Values Essays
- Gun violence Essays
- Divorce Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to scientific essays:
- Political Science Social Sciences Term Paper EssayDescription: 2020 has by far been the most unprecedented year in recent times as countries’ quest for advanced economic growth and development has been halted unexpectedly. The emergence of the coronavirus also known as COVID-19 in the People’s Republic of China has had a detrimental...6 pages/≈1650 words | MLA | Social Sciences | Term Paper |
- Summary Biological & Biomedical Sciences Research PaperDescription: The fins of a fish are some of the major organs. The fins help the fish to move in water, help the fish to propel when moving underwater, change direction, and also enhance balance when swimming. There are different types of fish fins which include; the dorsal fins, the ventral fins...3 pages/≈825 words | Other | Biological & Biomedical Sciences | Research Paper |
- Is skateboarding an Olympic-worthy sport? Social Sciences EssayDescription: Typically, Olympic Games invoke images of athleticism, achievement and championship. For as long s modern Olympic Games have been organized, millions watch for and expect scores of athletes competing to win medals yet also to represent home in as much honorable way as possible...4 pages/≈1100 words | APA | Social Sciences | Essay |