Immigration Reform Law Research Paper Coursework Essay (Research Paper Sample)
The assignment is a 4 page paper with free title page and reference page on the social justice problem that you identified in your unit 2 assignment which was immigration reform. You will describe the purpose of the policy, its programs and services and how it is connected to the social justice problem that you identified. You will also discuss historical issues and context that led to the policy creation. My social justice problem is immigration reform. This paper should evaluate the impact of immigration reforms and establish that such reforms would be counter productive in the long - run.
APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to current APA style and formatting standards.
Cited resources: Minimum of five scholarly sources. All literature cited should be current, with publication dates within the past five years. Listed below are three cited resources that need to be included and used.
(1)National Association of Social Workers. (2017). NASW code of ethics. Retrieved from: http://www(dot)socialworkers(dot)org/About/Ethics/Code-of-Ethics/Code-of-Ethics-English
(2)Stern, M. J., and Axinn, J. (2018). Social welfare: A history of the American response to need. (9th ed.). New York, NY: Pearson.
(3)Wehrmann, K. and McClain, A. (2018). Social work speaks: National Association of Social Workers policy statements. Washington, D. C., DC: NASW Press.
Length of paper: Four to six double-spaced, typed pages.
Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.
By successfully completing this assignment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following EPAs and general practices:
Competency 5: Engage in Policy Practice
Identify social policy at the local, state, and federal level that impacts well-being, service delivery, and access to social service.
Related Assignment Criteria:
1. Describe the purpose of a currently enacted federal policy that addresses the social justice problem for a chosen population, using scholarly literature for support.
2. Describe how the policy connects to the chosen social justice problem, using scholarly literature for support.
3. Describe the historical issues and context that led to the creation of the social problem and policy development, including details about voting outcomes and legislative leaders, using scholarly literature for support.
Competency 5: Engage in Policy Practice
Assess how social welfare and economic policies impact the delivery of and access to social services
Related Assignment Criteria:
1. Describe the programs and services provided through the policy, using scholarly literature for support.
2. Describe the impact of the historical influences on the implementation of the policy, using scholarly literature for support.
Based on your analysis of the social justice problem in the assignment from Unit 2, select a currently enacted federal policy that is currently a law to analyze using the United States Congress website, Congress.gov. It must also address the problem that affects your chosen diverse cultural group (for example, based on race, religion, disabilities, gender orientation, socioeconomic status, or access to services). This will be the policy you analyze for the entire the course project. Be sure to incorporate constructs that have been covered in this course into your analysis.
To complete this assignment, select a federal policy from Congress.gov that targets the form of oppression and discrimination you described in Unit 2 (for example, the Americans with Disabilities Act, Veterans Millennium Healthcare Act, Affordable Care Act (ACA), Adoption and Safe Families Act, Medicare, Medicaid, Temporary Aid to Needy Families Act, or Social Security Act). Then, complete the following:
Describe the policy you have chosen and its connection to the social justice problem that was the focus of the previous assignment. This policy must be enacted—in other words, it must be passed legislation.
Describe the purpose of this policy. Describe the programs and services that are provided through the policy. Connect the policy to the social justice problem you selected by giving a brief description of the problem. Is it a new problem, something that has recently arisen, or an old problem that never got resolved? Describe the historical issues and context that lead to the creation of the social problem and policy development. Include information about the voting outcomes for the policy and the legislative leaders who influenced the policy historically and in the present. Include the impact of these historical features have had on the policy's implementation.
I would also like to have a copy so I can revise the research paper if I wish too. I have attached a copy of an example of how the research paper should be formatted. I have also attached a copy of the policy selection and background scoring guide that my instructor uses to grade the research paper. (See Attachments).
Thank you for all of your help in regards to this matter.
Tayna L. Franklin
The United States’ Child Welfare System is characteristic of a wide range of initiatives, programs, and policies that function to aid the government in enhancing the safety and well-being of the American children. Achieving the said outcome is dependent on the ability of the diverse policies to act in the best interest of children across the social, political, and economic divide in the nation. Among the set policies embraced by the government towards enhancing the safety and well-being of children is the Adoption and Safe Families Act (ASFA) of 1997. Provided herein is a description of the underlying features of the policy and its correlation to the social justice problem of immigration reforms.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to immigration:
- Immigration letter. Literature & Language AssignmentDescription: My name is and I have been a permanent resident of Canada following my immigration from England when I was nine years old. However, following a recent drug conviction, where I was found guilty and sentenced to 12 months in prison, I was deemed inadmissible into Canada....10 pages/≈2750 words | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- Health Policies and Vulnerable Populations Health, Medicine EssayDescription: Should the provision of healthcare for undocumented immigrants be delivered without consideration of immigration status? Statistics reveal that there are at least eleven million undocumented immigrants in the United States (Sorrell, 2017). Most of the individuals in this population do not have...2 pages/≈550 words | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- 213 Week 6. Intrstuctor's note: Precarity, possibilities and Migrant FuturesDescription: There are a lot of aspects that encompass what an immigrant’s life is, and it is more than just what is seen every so often in the news. Among the required materials, this paper will focus on Refugees as assets not burdens....3 pages/≈825 words | MLA | Communications & Media | Essay |