Article Review on Malnutrition / Obesity and Improving Outcomes Research Journal Article (Research Paper Sample)
Choose a research article from a nursing/nutritional journal that explores the issue of strategies to improve health-related outcomes regarding obesity/malnutrition in our society today. Below are a few suggestions you might consider.
This can include:
1. What are barriers to a healthy nutritional status?
2. Rates of obesity/malnutrition in Virginia.
3. Why do people have difficulty in maintaining a healthy lifestyle?
4. What impact can nurses have effecting changes in the healthcare system?
5. Does preventive care make a difference?
Obesity / Malnutrition in Today's Society
[Name of the Writer]
[Name of the Institution]
Obesity/ Malnutrition in Today's Society
The article “management of obesity: improvement of health-care training and systems for prevention and care” by Dietz, Baur, Hall, Puhl, Taveras, Uauy and Kopelman (2015) highlights the prevalence of obesity in the society its causes and the preventive measures that need to be taken by the health-care system to address the problem. The purpose of this paper is to provide an overview of the article and recommend healthcare providers to take necessary actions in the healthcare setting.
Obesity is considered as a chronic disease particularly among children and adults. Although healthcare providers understand the problem of obesity; however, they are not well-prepared to address obesity. They are not adequately trained to counsel patients and provide them nutritional diet to address their problem of overweight. Professionals in healthcare settings are poorly prepared to treat obesity (Dietz et al., 2015).
While it is the responsibility of the healthcare professionals to have proper training to address obesity, the society also needs to adopt healthy lifestyle. However, there are certain barriers that limit the ability of people to maintain their weight. People are not available with much healthy choices to make, unhealthy food is much readily available. Dietz et al. (2015) highlighted that the patients with obesity are less responsive to counselling, low willpower, do not comply with treatment and do not have an active lifestyle. Lazy people with low physical activity find it difficult to lose weight and gain weight more quickly. Furthermore, they are also not educated about obesity. Childhood obesity in America is a major concern for
- Policy Paper Primary Care System in Ontario ProvinceDescription: Health and Medicine Essay: Policy Paper Primary Care System in Ontario Province...3 pages/≈825 words | 2 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Research Paper |
- health care policy reformDescription: health care policy reform Health and Medicine Research Paper...10 pages/≈2750 words | 5 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Research Paper |
- Exploring Factors Related Or Influencing To Postpartum Depression Description: Pregnancy can increase the vulnerability of women physical, mental and psychological health, and this is, especially when they already have maternal depression (Park, Karmaus & Zhang, 2015)....5 pages/≈1375 words | 6 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Research Paper |