Obesity in America (Essay Sample)
Write a one to two page (1-2) page essay in which you:
1.Describe the effect that obesity (childhood and / or adult) has had on you personally or your community.
2.Select one (1) contributing factor to childhood or adult obesity. Recommend two (2) preventative measures related to the selected factor that people can take in order to reduce their chance of becoming obese.
3.Discuss one (1) sociological theory that relates to the selected contributing factor to obesity.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
•Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
•To keep this essay short and manageable, your only sources for the essay should be the article from the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute and the sections noted in your text. For this reason, APA citations or references are not required for this assignment.
•Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required assignment page length.
Obesity in America
Obesity in America
Effects of obesity
Obesity is a health condition that is brought about by an individual having a lot of weight considering the Body Mass Index (BMI) of weight and height. Buxton (2003), states that an excessive increase in weight causes the complex disorder where the individual have excessive amount of body fats. This increases the risk of the individual to diseases and heart problems. Child and adult obesity have the following effects; one is where the individual is exposed to heart problems. Second the excessive weight causes diabetes. Three is where obesity leads to cancer which can either be breast, colon or endometrial. Fourth effect is high blood pressure. Five is stroke due to the wrong BMI in the body. Six is the liver and gall bladder diseases. Lastly is where obesity in both adults and children causes breathing problems due to the blockage of the respiratory system (Grundy en.al, 2005). These personal effects of obesity cause the community to experience decreased productivity as most of the time is used to tackle the obesity condition in America.
Contributing factor ...
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Sociological imagination Essays
- Feminist Essays
- Industrial revolution Essays
- Culture Essays
- Drunk driving Essays
- Cell phone Essays
- Art Essays
- Sociology Essays
- Capital punishment Essays
- Imperialism Essays
- Childhood obesity Essays
- Nursing career Essays
- Physician assisted suicide Essays
- Ethnography Essays
- Dance Essays
- Depression Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to obesity in america:
- Changes to the National Breakfast and Lunch ProgramDescription: At present, young people in the United States are facing an obesity crisis that is greatest in the history of this country...3 pages/≈825 words | 3 Sources | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- Causes, consequences and prevention of childhood obesityDescription: Annotated Bibliography: Causes, consequences and prevention of childhood obesity (Business and Marketing)...5 pages/≈1375 words | 5 Sources | APA | Business & Marketing | Annotated Bibliography |
- What should be done to solve the child-obesity epidemic?Description: Undergraduate Research Paper: What should be done to solve the child-obesity epidemic?...4 pages/≈1100 words | 3 Sources | MLA | Literature & Language | Research Paper |