Men's Health (Research Paper Sample)
Identify at least 3 articles about Teaching Men's Health and look to what they consider "key teaching concepts" for men's health as the main topic.
Use current literature review material
Please, include reference page in APA and the links to the articles for easy retrieval.
Menâ€™s health always takes a back seat to that of women when it comes to the early detection and prevention. However, research indicates men are more likely to drink alcohol and smoke and lead less healthy lifestyles (Conrad & White, 2007). Many health diseases and conditions men face can be treated or prevented if detected at early stages. It is vital for men to take into account the risk factors facing them and how to improve their health.
There are some health conditions that affect men only include low testosterone, testicular and prostate cancer. Many health dangers that men face can be treated and prevented by early diagnosis (Conrad & White, 2007). Screening tests are used to find diseases early. It is very important to go for screening tests foe easier treatment of the illness.
The common illnesses affecting men- colon cancer, heart disease, prostate and testicular cancer and osteoporosis- all have important nutritional repercussions. The risk features of heart disease include obesity, diabetes, cigarette smoking, high blood pressure and increasing age (In Spar & In MunÌƒoz, 2014).Â . Dietary implications of reducing heart disease risk include reduce fat intake, increase fiber foods, limit alcohol intake and increase omega 3fatty acids intake.
Another common disease among men is cancer. Cancer is caused by low fiber diet, excess alcohol, obesity, high-fat diet, and physical inactivity. Lycopene, selenium and boron are mechanisms to counter cancer. Lycopene has been found as prevention mechanism of prostate cancer (Heidelbaugh et al 2007). Lycopene is found in watermelon, tomatoes, rosehip, guava and pink grapefruit.
Osteoporosis does not only affect women but also affect men at large. T...
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Human rights Essays
- Career Essays
- A rose for emily Essays
- Personal experiences Essays
- Things fall apart Essays
- Abraham lincoln Essays
- Heart of darkness Essays
- Suicide Essays
- Fast food Essays
- Short story Essays
- French revolution Essays
- High school Essays
- Standardized testing Essays
- Marijuana Essays
- Brave new world Essays
- Respect Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to heart of darkness:
- Business and Marketing QuestionDescription: Different business use different target market and sales forces to organize their sales operations as efficient as possible...1 page/≈275 words | 2 Sources | APA | Business & Marketing | Essay |
- Different forms of AnginaDescription: Stable angina is a typical chest pain or discomfort caused by inadequate to the arteries supplying blood to the heart which leads to reduced oxygen supply to these heart muscles...1 page/≈275 words | 1 Source | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- Obesity in AmericaDescription: Obesity is a health condition that is brought about by an individual having a lot of weight considering the Body Mass Index (BMI) of weight and height...1 page/≈275 words | No Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |