1 page/≈275 words
Biological & Biomedical Sciences
Lab Report About The Makeup Of The Next Generation (Lab Report Sample)
This is just fill out the blank, and write couple sentence for the question, it do not need to write a paper. do the work which i did not finished.
Just finish what I didnot finish the problem
Your Institution of Affiliation
December 4, 2017
Ї Due to the principles of predation, we predict that the predator would first consume the red alleles for its color is most contrasting relative to its environment. Therefore, through time, we think that the red alleleвЂ™s frequency would decline since the decimated population would result in only a small fraction of the population surviving3
* What is your conclusion as to the prediction you made in point 2?
Ї Based on the prediction that weвЂ™ve made and the results of the experiment, we were able to see an вЂњinverse bell curveвЂќ where the frequency of the allele dwindles for a little bit in the middle and rises up again by the end. This shows that by the fourth generation, favorable qualities are maintained by the succeeding generations supporting the principles of natural selection
* There are three different patterns of selection
Ї Based on the inverse bell curve as shown for the red alleles, this experiment supports the idea of the вЂњStabilizing selectionвЂќ since the intermediate phenotype (pink) showed the least amount of probability reduction as compared to the extreme ones, namely white and red
* If two identical populations inhabitвЂ¦
Ї If two identical populations inhabit different environments the frequency of the color genes would still be the same with the intermediate phenotype (pink) since the pattern weвЂ™ve found follows a stabilizing selection
* Imagine a population made up of individuals of the color phenotypes of these proportionsвЂ¦
Ї In a white habitat, the phenotypes expressing a contrasting color relative to the immediate environment would most likely lead to reduction of the allele frequency for that color. The white phenotype would be expressed the most in the latter generations
* Under which conditions would a rare black allele be favored?
Ї In conditions where the environment changes and turns black allele into a more favorable light
* How did migration influence the effectiveness of selection in this example? Due to migration, new genetic material comes into the sample. For this, the initial selection might not
* If white individuals would have immigrated into the population instead of the red ones вЂ“ how would this have influenced the...
Get the Whole Paper!
Not exactly what you need?
Do you need a custom essay? Order right now:
- Determination of Exposure to A Contagious Disease Using ELISADescription: Antibodies are known to be specific animal and human proteins, which are generated by the white blood cells following the introduction of foreign materials....6 pages/≈1650 words | 3 Sources | APA | Biological & Biomedical Sciences | Lab Report |
- Enzyme (Peroxidase) Concentration And Enzyme ActivityDescription: The experiment focused on the impact of enzyme concentration on enzyme (peroxidase) activity. Turnip extract is the source of peroxidase in the experiment....4 pages/≈1100 words | 4 Sources | APA | Biological & Biomedical Sciences | Lab Report |
- Some Common Mineral Functions And Deficiency Symptoms Description: Nitrogen is crucial to producing chlorophyll and absorbing light, but too much nitrogen in fertilizers can result in nitrate toxicity when the leaves and steams ‘burn’ and can also promote fungal diseases....5 pages/≈1375 words | No Sources | APA | Biological & Biomedical Sciences | Lab Report |