Guided Argumentative Research Negative impacts of Video Games on Kids (Essay Sample)
1. Title should contain information.
2. The information in the first paragraph is about a specific background and thesis, which is summarized in one sentence and should include topic, argument and main reasons.
Evidence (expert quotes) and analysis.
4. Have and only one counterargument(maybe research as well).
5. Also have and have only one rebuttal.
6. Conclusion short&sweet.
There is only one specific argument/focus point
Don't write on topics that are too common (death penalty, etc.)
Negative impacts of Video games on kids
A video game is an electronic game that uses a user interface to develop a recurrent response on a video device. Players view the games on a video screen or computer monitor. Video game industry is seen to be growing and ranks third in the United States entertainment industry. Examples of such games include computer space, Magnavox Odyssey, and Pong designs (Markey et al. 277). They are classified as casual games, educational games and serious games played by men, women, and children (Boxer et al. 672). Leading developers of video games are the graphic designers and programmers. Video game industry has however faced several critics due to the negative impacts it imposes on kids. There is a need therefore, to look deeply into the effects video games have on kids such as addiction, poor performance in schools, adverse health effects and aggressiveness. The paper then tries to analyze and find possible solutions to the above challenges associated with video games.
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to video games:
- Are Educational Video Games an Effective Classroom Tool?Description: The world of technology has resulted to a lot of changes in the learning environment. Among them is the tools used in the classroom to effect learning such as video games. ...3 pages/≈825 words | 4 Sources | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- Media Effects and Violent Media. Annotated Bibliography Research Description: In the study made by Tavarez (2012), the research claimed that video game players would have a moderate enhancement of memory compared to non-players regardless of age and gender or the type of game played. Added by Tavarez, there are extensive studies present in the internet about the different effects...3 pages/≈825 words | 1 Source | APA | Communications & Media | Essay |
- Video assignment. Literature & Language Movie ReviewDescription: The documentary by Peter Segal focuses on the constitution of the United States and its relevance to the 21st century. In it, some important points have been raised about the U.S constitution....1 page/≈275 words | No Sources | APA | Literature & Language | Movie Review |