The parable of the sadhu Business & Marketing Essay (Essay Sample)
read the "The parable of the sadhu"
• the author suggests that the story of the sadhu holds a lesson for those of us in business organizations. Do you agree? Why or why not?
• From your own business or other organizational experience, select an example of an ethical challenge that is similar to that of the traveler in Nepal. How might you frame your example from the perspective of the three questions that we identified in class?
• If you cannot find an example from your own business experience, explain the challenge of the traveler meeting the sadhu through the lens / perspective of the three questions.
• Finally, identify and explain the most significant insight that you have had as a result of 1) this exercise, 2) our class meetings, or 3) the readings in the textbook.
The Parable of Sadhu
The story of the sadhu holds a lesson for those of us in business organizations. It offers a dilemma between the persona and group ethical expectations. Managers need to come up with proper ways of handling such dilemmas in business. The Parable of Sadhu teaches business people the need to develop cultures that support individual values, which leads to the success of the whole organization. These values also act as a guide when faced with ethical dilemmas in the organization. This parable talks of international individuals hiking through Nepal were not willing to help the Sadhu, who was suffering from exhaustion and hypothermia. A fleet of travellers had dumped the Sadhu. However, McCoy, one of the international individuals, was compassionate and was concerned about the Sadhu.
- Local Business Practices and Business Etiquette in ChinaDescription: China is one of the nations with the best business environment, due to its fastest-growing economy in the world. China has the largest manufacturing economy, and its large population also makes it to be among the nations with the best market economy....2 pages/≈550 words | MLA | Business & Marketing | Essay |
- Key Marketing and Technology Trends in China. Business & Marketing Description: The world’s leading social platforms such as Facebook and Instagram are inaccessible to countries in the middle-east. For this reason, new social platforms have been formed for the Chinese people. ...2 pages/≈550 words | MLA | Business & Marketing | Essay |
- Sourcing Research. Socioeconomic Factors for the Apparel IndustryDescription: There are various factors to consider when planning to start up an apparel industry, and socioeconomic factors are one of them. within the last three months, the world generally has been volatile and dynamic due to the coronavirus pandemic that is currently leading the news headlines. ...2 pages/≈550 words | MLA | Business & Marketing | Essay |