Ethical Dilemma. Health, Medicine, Nursing Assignment (Essay Sample)
Share a real story from your perspective as a consumer of health care, an employee of a health care agency, or as a student nurse. It could be a situation you witnessed or one in which you were personally involved. The story should tell about a situation that contained an ethical dilemma.
After you tell your story, answer the following questions:
1. What is/are the ethical issue(s) in your story?
2. What values do the players in your story hold?
3. Apply the basic tenets of virtue ethics to this situation. What are the “rules” of virtue ethics?
4. Choose one of the subsets of virtue ethics - - situation ethics, feminist ethics, narrative ethics or ethic of care. Analyze your story with its ethical issue using the subset you have selected.
5. Are there legal issues that apply to your story? Is there a course of action forbidden
or mandated by law?
6. Apply an ethical decision-making model to your story and come to a conclusion
about what should (or should not) happen.
7. What is the client advocate’s role in this situation? What should a client advocate do?
Nursing practice entails the day to day activities carried out by a nurse, especially in relation to a patient. In the nursing field, the main goal is always to ensure the best possible outcomes for the patient. Nothing gives more satisfaction to a nurse than seeing a patient recover back to full health and out of the hospital bed. That is exactly what gives the profession meaning. Just like any other profession, it comes with its ups and downs, moments of triumph as well as moments of trial. The biggest challenge however usually comes in the form of ethical dilemmas. Ethical dilemmas usually put nurses in very stressful and compromising situations, since they present nurses with scenarios whereby they have to take the hard decisions, against the backdrop of whether it is right or wrong. As part of my experiences as a student, I came across certain instances that posed ethical dilemmas.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Legalize marijuana Essays
- Learning styles Essays
- Same sex marriage Essays
- Animal right Essays
- Slavery Essays
- Teenage pregnancy Essays
- American dream Essays
- Immigration Essays
- Racism Essays
- Global warming Essays
- Religion Essays
- Gay marriage Essays
- Police brutality Essays
- Love Essays
- Animal testing Essays
- Obesity in america Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to ethical dilemma:
- Solution to a ethical Dilemma Health, Medicine, Nursing Research PaperDescription: Do not resuscitate orders are becoming increasingly common especially for patients in palliative care and or with terminal illnesses. However, their scope and importance is often unclear. They are intended to instruct care providers to let the individual die without administering CPR and other resuscitation procedures...3 pages/≈825 words | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Research Paper |
- Ethics in Action Current Events - Case Study. Management Description: All employees have the responsibility of managing accountability for all the roles they play at work. Although they can face challenges when trying to identify the right decision to make, they should always consider the ethics desired at their workplace before implementing any action....4 pages/≈1100 words | APA | Management | Case Study |
- Personal Theory of Human Nature and keys to Ethical DevelopmentDescription: A person’s development of the ethical code of conduct across various aspects of life is dependent on their ability to embrace the demands of various components that are characteristic of their growth and development....2 pages/≈550 words | APA | Management | Reaction Paper |