Self-analysis Essay: Myers Briggs Personality Inventory (Essay Sample)
Need 8 academic articles as a reference, please modify according to instruction and format, reach 80 points or more
This essay is about describing the results I got after undertaking a personality test. The aim of the personality test was to gain self-awareness and learn about my strengths and weaknesses. The goal was to enable me to learn how to improve my communication skills based on my personality. I completed four personal diagnostic tools that relate to personality and relationships (the Big Five Locator Questionnaire, the Emotional Intelligence Test, the Social Styles Test, and the Personal Style Inventory (based on Myers-Briggs Type Indicator). This essay focuses on analyzing the results of the afore-indicated personality tests and expounds on what I learnt about myself on relationships, communication style and communication preferences. I will also describe the implication of my personality traits regarding my career growth and development and also highlight areas where I think I need to improve. Finally, I will also detail strategies on how to improve my communication and back them with solid academic sources that will guide me to achieve my aforementioned objective.
Analysis of tools:
Myers Briggs Personality inventory
One of the diagnostic tools I have used is the Myers Briggs Personality inventory. The results from this tool show that I have an ENFJ personality. Stands for Extraverted, Intuitive, Feeling, Judging. According to CITATION Kah11 \l 1033 (Kahle-Piasecki, 2011), people with ENFJ personality as are energized by time spent with others (Extraverted), who focuses on ideas and concepts rather than facts and details (Intuitive), who makes decisions based on feelings and values (Feeling) and who prefers to be planned and organized rather than spontaneous and flexible (Judging). According to CITATION Sus90 \l 1033 (Willette, 1990), the ENFJ type is also an extroverted thinker who sees possibilities and has both concern and vision for future possibilities.
The Big 5 personality test
The results from the big five personality test were as they appear below; Openness and experience I scored 3.6; conscientiousness, I scored 2.9; extraversion metric, I scored 3.1 agreeableness metric, I scored a 4.0. neuroticism, I scored a 2.5. According to CITATION Gur13 \l 1033 (Gurven, Rueden, Massenkoff, Kaplan, & Vie, 2013), a mix of Extraversion and Agreeableness which are my highest scored items reflect a general prosocial disposition. I can leverage on this advantage to build better relationship and expand my networks.
Emotional Intelligence Test
In this personality test, I scored a total of 88 out of 100. In each category, I scored 17 in Self Awareness; 17 in Managing Emotions; 16 in Motivating Oneself; 17 in Empathy and 21 in Social Skills. According to CITATION Dri18 \l 1033 (Drigas & Papoutsi, 2018), social skills which is my best performed item in this test are ‘the skills needed to handle and influence other people’s emotions effectively to manage interactions successfully.’ Understanding how to effectively handle people can help me build strong relationships. Additionally, understanding the emotional status of people can also help me communicate efficiently because I can decipher the emotional status of the people I interact with.
Social Style Test
I found out that my social style is expressive. I scored an assertive rating and responsive rating of 2.73 and 2.80 respectively. These scores are above average and they translate to an expressive personality. According to CITATION Fra93 \l 1033 (Gambino, 1993), expressive people ‘want to create a social relationship quickly and usually feels more comfortable in an informal atmosphere.’ This could expla...
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Fear Essays
- Freedom of speech Essays
- Women rights Essays
- Modest proposal Essays
- Domestic violence Essays
- The story of an hour Essays
- Hamlet Essays
- Social networking Essays
- A good man is hard to find Essays
- Illegal immigration Essays
- Civil rights movement Essays
- Poetry analysis Essays
- Racial discrimination Essays
- Sociological imagination Essays
- Feminist Essays
- Industrial revolution Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to emotional intelligence:
- Pros and Cons of Artificial IntelligenceDescription: What are the cultural and environmental implications of using AI? What are the ethical implications of using AI? What are the engineers ethical and professional responsibilities in the design/creation of artificial intelligence systems?...6 pages/≈1650 words | 7 Sources | APA | Technology | Research Paper |
- Emerging Technology Trends Affecting EnvironmentsDescription: This essay examines the emerging technology trends effect on climatological, political and economic environments. In today's world, emerging technology is extensively used globally and impacts on people's everyday life....3 pages/≈825 words | 3 Sources | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- Artificial Intelligence, And Automation Is Affecting Domestic EmploymentDescription: Using the Internet, research how globalization, artificial intelligence, and automation is affecting domestic employment? Remember to cite your sources. APA style document...1 page/≈275 words | 2 Sources | APA | Social Sciences | Essay |