Northern Ireland Conflict. Key groups involved in the conflict (Essay Sample)
Choose a country or region of the world that has suffered from either conflict or terrorism and describe it. You should include the basic details of the conflict you have chosen (key groups and/or people involved in the conflict, overview of some of the key events in the conflict and a brief look at the causes of the conflict. You should also include your ideas regarding potential solutions to the conflict (is peace possible? if it is how we get there?) Be sure to use ideas and theories from class material in your analysis.
Some theories from class material are definition of terrorism (traditional and modern) and the Ideological spectrum.
Definition of traditional terrorism: “The systemic application of violence to establish and maintain a new political or religious system”
Definition of modern terrorism: The use of political violence or the threat of political violence
carried out by groups or individuals who intentionally target civilians/noncombatants and
used to influence the behavior of the general public and/or governments.
Kindly use the above theories as they are part of the essay rubric.
Essay: Topics & Instructions (20%)
The essay must be AT LEAST five pages with standard font and margins (size 12, 1" margins). You should be using at least 6-10 sources for a paper of this length. It is best if you can use sources of different types. Relying exclusively on internet sources sometimes causes problems in student's papers. You should document your sources using a recognized method (APA or MLA). Failure to include in-text citations or footnotes/endnotes is considered plagiarism and will result in a grade of zero. Avoiding plagiarism is simple: anytime an idea is not your own you must document it.
You have a choice between focusing on economics or politics for your essay. Choose ONE of the topics below:
1) Poverty, Development & Economics:
Choose an underdeveloped or developing country and provide an overview of its development history, current state and future. Focus on the economic and social aspects of the country's development. Be sure to use ideas and theories from class material in your analysis.
Global Politics, Conflict, Terrorism & Security
2) Choose a country or region of the world that has suffered from either conflict or terrorism and describe it. You should include the basic details of the conflict you have chosen (key groups and/or people involved in the conflict, overview of some of the key events in the conflict and a brief look at the causes of the conflict. You should also include your ideas regarding potential solutions to the conflict (is peace possible? if it is how we get there?) Be sure to use ideas and theories from class material in your analysis.
The Northern Ireland conflict
Northern Ireland Conflict
Conflicts can be fueled by various factors depending on what the parties intend to achieve and the ways they approach it. When a conflict uses violence to present participant ideologies, it can be defined along terrorism lines depending on the targeting and deployment of violence. The conflict in Northern Ireland was no different as an instance of extreme targeted violence was carried as it lasted. This paper views the conflict as a type of modern due to the religious alignment intertwined in the political ideology of national inclusivity with the paramilitary groups targeting catholic civilians as a means to achieve political inclusivity which was the main reason for the conflict (Bull, 2016). It offers an analysis of the conflict; participants, major events and the causes. The paper also highlights the solutions and agreements that led to the end of the conflict.
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to conflict essays:
- The conflicts between Muslims and Christians Description: Recently, a militia group called the crusaders plotted to kill Somalian Muslim refugees who resided in an apartment in Garden City. ...5 pages/≈1375 words | Other | History | Essay |
- Resolving Ideological Conflict ( Unit 5). Arguments for RestrictionsDescription: The assignment is in the document entitled Unit 5 Position Paper Assignment and highlighted in the yellow section of this document. Attached are the documents to be used to help write a position paper with an excellent rating from the rubric....6 pages/≈1650 words | APA | Social Sciences | Other (Not Listed) |
- MGT Dis 6. Conflict Management Styles. Integrating ConflictDescription: Conflicts are a daily phenomenon in every organization. It is impossible to avoid conflicts but can be managed in order to get the best out of it. Conflict may occur when two parties or people interact regardless of their position in the organization....1 page/≈275 words | APA | Management | Essay |