2 pages/≈550 words
Health, Medicine, Nursing
4 Homework 5: Perpetuation Of The Obesity Epidemic (Essay Sample)
4 Homework 5: Perpetuation Of The Obesity Epidemicsource..
Four Homework 5
Four homework 5
1. Prior to this course, to what extent were you aware of the food industry's role in the perpetuation of the obesity epidemic?
Before the course, I only knew about obesity as a major health concern, but I was not aware of the cause of obesity. All I knew was obesity a lifestyle disease caused by unhealthy eating habits (Morris et al., 2015). I knew little about the role of the food industry in the perpetuation of obesity epidemic.
2. To what extent were you aware that the food industry intentionally creates food that is irresistible, that the world's cuisine has been "Americanized," that the food industry has total control over the manufacturing process, and that the food industry has developed the marketing and selling of its food into science?
For a long time, the debate about flavoring in food has dominated food debates and regulation policies. Foods have become irresistible whereby chemical flavoring added during food manufacturing process has become popular (Fraser, Moore & Keane, 2014). Food manufacturers have defended their use of chemical flavoring arguing that these chemicals have been tested and are healthy for human consumption. I never knew that the food industry makes great effort to know the taste preferences of customers making food irresistible. The food industry makes a variety of flavored foods that stimulate different sensory features (Fraser, Moore & Keane, 2014).
3. To what extent do you think any of this new knowledge will affect your eating habits?
The fact that I am aware that chemical flavoring has been misused to increase hyperpalatability of food and increase consumer sensation and satisfaction, I will avoid eating chemically processed foods. The fact that food scientist makes something taste like something else without using real ingredients, t...
Get the Whole Paper!
Not exactly what you need?
Do you need a custom essay? Order right now:
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Global warming Essays
- Religion Essays
- Gay marriage Essays
- Police brutality Essays
- Love Essays
- Animal testing Essays
- Obesity in america Essays
- World war 1 Essays
- Martin luther king Essays
- Minimum wage Essays
- Technology Essays
- Stereotyping Essays
- Dream Essays
- Civil war Essays
- Child abuse Essays
- Climate change Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to childhood obesity:
- Homework 4 Writing Assignment About Food IndustryDescription: To what extent do you think it is the food industry’s fault that most consumers are ignorant of the foods they eat automatically and repeatedly?...2 pages/≈550 words | 3 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- Chapters 7 13 Module Notes: This is Your Brain on FoodDescription: Define and explain the following concepts: neurons, encoded for palatability, orosensory self-stimulation, opioid circuitry, nucleus accumbens...2 pages/≈550 words | 3 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- 4 Homework Assignment 3 About The Skinny On ObesityDescription: Berridge hypothesized that "only a subset of the population has heightened incentive salience, and that rewarding foods trigger overeating primarily ...2 pages/≈550 words | 3 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |