Obesity 4 Homework 1: Health And Weight Management (Essay Sample)
Read the following (required):
The Social Problems Framework The Nine Fallacies
Now watch the following video clips:
The Skinny on Obesity (Ep. 1): https://www(dot)youtube(dot)com/watch?v=h0zD1gj0pXk The Skinny on Obesity (Ep. 5): https://www(dot)youtube(dot)com/watch?v=Of-qvDprr0w
Now Answer the following questions
1. Based on both the Module Notes and the videos, explain how obesity could be viewed as both a personal problem and a social problem.
2. What difference does the distinction between obesity as a personal problem versus a social problem make in understanding the causes and consequences of this problem?
3. To what extent do you perceive obesity to be a personal problem or a social problem? Why?
4. Illustrate each of the nine fallacies by showing how each can be used to "explain” obesity.
5. Identify the social scientific research method you think is best for studying obesity, and explain why you think it is the best method for studying this topic.
Obesity can be viewed as a personal problem relative to the fact that, one health and weight management efforts are largely personal responsibilities. This is to mean that people should take the steps to ensure that they are able to manage their energy balance relative to what they eat and the way that disperse the energy in their bodies (UCTVPrime, 2012). Take dietary measures and sexercising are some of the measures that an individual can take to make sure they are not obese. Obesity is also a social problem relative to the environment that individuals find themselves. Ideally, when people are exposed to processed
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to childhood obesity:
- Picot: Obesity, Motivation, Obesity Therapy, Weight LossDescription: Did using the terms used in this question lead you to useful research studies? What MESH terms have you tried? Did they help you find additional studies? ...1 page/≈275 words | 3 Sources | APA | Literature & Language | Other (Not Listed) |
- Developing Categories for the Literature Review Description: Please return to your annotated bibliography and begin developing "categories" to help you to organize your sources....1 page/≈275 words | 7 Sources | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- Analyzing The Research Results Of Three Research StudiesDescription: Write your reflections on the article itself. Comment on whether you found the study difficult to interpret, whether you understood the methodology,...1 page/≈275 words | 3 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |