Leadership Styles Or Theories Nursing Assignment (Essay Sample)
This Assignment fulfills the following course objective:
Integrate nursing leadership concepts and theories into the various roles of the professional registered nurse to promote safe and high quality nursing care.
In this assignment you will select two different leadership styles or theories, and write a 2-3 page paper comparing/contrasting the two. Focus on how the two are similar to each other (comparison), and then describe how they differ (contrast). When you are writing this paper, reflect on analyzing the differences, how and under what conditions would they be utilized, and what is important about them. State how these would or would not be significant to the nursing profession.
- Identify the two different leadership theories or styles
- State the rationale as to why these two theories or styles were chosen
- What is the significance of these styles or theories, why are they important
- Explain the similarities and differences between the two theories or styles, give examples
- Discuss the advantages and disadvantages
- State the conditions/environment that both of the theories or styles would work best.
- Summarize the findings from the discussion
- States significance to the nursing profession.
Leadership styles or theories
Leadership styles or theories
Ability to use a collection of techniques to influence people on understanding what needs to be done and how to do it with a particular objective is referred to as leadership. Good leadership in nursing is an essential element which maximizes efficiency of achieving health goals by providing a healthy workspace and quality care. There are two major categories of leadership theories in nursing namely; transformational leadership and participative leadership.
This paper will discuss similarities, differences and state in which both theories are applicable.
Transformational leadership theory is set to improve relationship between leaders and their team. This theory is used to motivate and inspire followers to work towards the same goal. Leaders use transformational theory to bring change using their personalities to empower followers and to help them share their vision. Participative leadership theory is used to engage follower in decision making processes. It is important because followers feel much engaged to the organization which motivates them to work harder with much commitments towards the organization’s objectives. The participative leadership theory is sustainable to nurses because it involves them in carrying out team functions and individual duties efficiently.
Leadership theory is essential in quick decision making fields like nursing and it ensures a successful nursing team. Nurturing teamwork requires leaders and nurses to collaborate with other members of the team in clear discussion and will to help one another. Leadership theory promotes success (Millburn 2018). This is done by leaders who create an environment that suits eve
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to learning styles:
- Case Study: Many Managers, Different Styles. Management Description: Each of the three on-site managers possesses different leadership styles, with Heather Atwood portraying democratic leadership style, which is the most effective for the bank....2 pages/≈550 words | 1 Source | APA | Management | Case Study |
- Listening Log Literature & Language Essay Research PaperDescription: In the video entitled The Linguistic Genius of Babies, Kuhl discussed why babies are much better in linguistic perception and recognition as compared to adults despite of the latter’s more advance ‘cognitive abilities’. Particularly, stages that individuals has to go through, from conception to adulthood,...1 page/≈275 words | 1 Source | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- Visual Analysis Paper-Greek Pottery Visual & Performing Arts EssayDescription: The Dark Age refers to a period in Greece when Dorian troops invaded the Mycenaean empire and gained control over a large area, in the process acquiring huge tracts of land and slaves (Tanner 23). Mycenaean downfall led to the disintegration of all knowledge on painting, construction, reading, writing...7 pages/≈1925 words | No Sources | MLA | Visual & Performing Arts | Essay |