Critique of Research Studies. Health, Medicine, Nursing Essay (Essay Sample)
Critique of Research Studies Instructions
Complete a critique of the quantitative and qualitative articles that were submitted in Topic 3.
This assignment will be completed in three parts. Refer to the information below as a guide to the information that should be included in each part.
Follow the guidelines for the quantitative and qualitative article critiques in Box 5.2: Guide to an Overall Critique of a Quantitative Research Report, and Box 5.3: Guide to an Overall Critique of a Qualitative Research Report, in Chapter 5 of the Nursing Research: Generating and Assessing Evidence for Nursing Practice textbook.
1. Utilize a central heading to indicate that what follows is the critique of the articles.
2. The side headings of the critique for each article should follow the headings in Box 5.2 and Box 5.3 in Chapter 5 of the Nursing Research: Generating and Assessing Evidence for Nursing Practice textbook.
3. Note that within these basic guidelines, there are additional references to Detailed Critiquing Guidelines found in additional boxes in other chapters of the Nursing Research: Generating and Assessing Evidence for Nursing Practice textbook focused on the various elements of a research study report. Use these to expand the research study and to learn specific terminology appropriate to the critique of research.
When turning in the final submission, please put the elements in the following order: Quantitative Article Critique, Qualitative Article Critique, References (which should include the two articles, the text, and any other additional sources).
Critique of Research Studies – Part 1: Due Topic 4
For Part 1 of the critique, focus only on the following segments for each article:
• Title • Title
• Abstract • Abstract
• Introduction • Introduction
o Statement of the problem o Statement of the problem
o Hypotheses or research questions o Research questions
o Literature review o Literature review
o Conceptual/Theoretical framework o Conceptual underpinnings
Critique of Research Studies – Part 2: Due Topic 6
For Part 2 of the critique, focus only on the following segments for each article:
• Method • Method
o Protection of human rights o Protection of participants’ rights
o Research design o Research design and research tradition
o Population and sample o Sample and setting
o Data collection and measurement o Data collection
o Procedures o Procedures
o Enhancement of trustworthiness
Critique of Research Studies - Part 3: Due Topic 8
For Part 3 of the critique, focus only on the following segments for each article:
• Results • Results
o Data analysis o Data analysis
o Reliability and validity o Theoretical integrations
• Discussion • Discussion
o Interpretation of findings o Interpretation of the findings
o Implications/Recommendations o Implications/Recommendations
• Global Issues • Global Issues
o Presentation o Presentation
o Researcher credibility o Researcher credibility
o Summary assessment o Summary assessment
Quantitative research: Assessing Learning Styles of Graduate Entry Nursing Students as a Classroom Research Activity
The title provided by the author clearly states the main topic of the study, which can also be supported by the problem statement. The total number of words exceeds the recommended length, which is 15.
The authors have included the background, objective, methodology, results, and conclusion in the abstract. However, very little information is provided concerning the objective and the results.
The article’s introduction begins by providing background information regarding what is known and unknown about the issue. The authors also discuss the significance of addressing the problem, stating that identifying the different learning styles will enable students to learn the coursework in whichever style that is suitable for them.
Statement of Problem
According to Nieswiadomy (2008), the statement of problem needs to include the population and variables and needs to be written in interrogative form. The statement of purpose in the article outlines an investigation in the southwestern university for five years that is aimed at describing the different styles of learning for nursing students at entry level.” The statement is interrogative and narrows down the study population to the graduate nursing students at the entry level.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Social networking Essays
- A good man is hard to find Essays
- Illegal immigration Essays
- Civil rights movement Essays
- Poetry analysis Essays
- Racial discrimination Essays
- Sociological imagination Essays
- Feminist Essays
- Industrial revolution Essays
- Culture Essays
- Drunk driving Essays
- Cell phone Essays
- Art Essays
- Sociology Essays
- Capital punishment Essays
- Imperialism Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to learning styles:
- Write a summary of each of the articles. Health, Medicine EssayDescription: The experiment by Gonzales et al. (2016) aims at investigating the different styles of learning for individuals who enroll in nursing programs at graduate entry. The article was published in the Nursing Education Today Journal in 2016. ...2 pages/≈550 words | 2 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- Quantitative and Qualitative Research. Health, Medicine, Nursing EssayDescription: The quantitative research study chosen for this discussion is that of Gonzales et al. (2016), that assesses the learning styles of students in graduate entry nursing programs. The research is among the few that have investigated the learning styles....2 pages/≈550 words | 2 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- Learning Centers in School. The Design Details of the Learning CenterDescription: A learning center diversifies the overall experience of students, encourages them to speak of their mind, allows them to get benefited from all available resources, and gives teachers an opportunity to critically access the performance of students (Metin, 2017)...2 pages/≈550 words | 1 Source | APA | Education | Essay |