Benchmark-Informing policy Health, Medicine, Nursing Essay (Essay Sample)
The purpose of this assignment is to examine the process of putting a new policy into place.
Write a 1,250-1,500 word paper according to the instructions provided below.
Review news stories and articles regarding a recent (within the last year) health-related policy (not the Affordable Care Act).
Introduce this policy in your paper and discuss the following:
How the governmental policy process informs the development, implementation, and assessment of policy within the realm of health care.
The impact of your chosen policy on health care consumers, organizations, and systems.
The impact of your chosen policy on health care providers.
Now imagine you are adapting this policy to the health care organization at which you work (or where you wish to work). Describe the organization and discuss the following:
The stakeholders involved in policy formation and their impact on health care policy formation and structures.
The response you expect from those stakeholders.
The specific impact this governmental policy will make (positive, negative, indifferent) and why?
Incorporate two or three peer-reviewed scholarly resources in your paper.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is required.
Benchmark: Informing Policy
This paper provides a glimpse into what constitutes the health policy-making process. The health policy-making process is of great interest to the government, people, and multiple stakeholders. It can be denied as a process that is characterized by support, partnerships, collaboration, and lobbying, as well as delicate balancing of powers, socio-economic, and political factors. Improving Seniors' Timely Access to Care Act of 2019 is an example of a health policy act that seeks to enhance timely access to health services among senior citizens in the U.S who use Medicare Advantage Plans by minimizing challenges that are caused by prior authorization before one accesses medications and medical procedures.
Benchmark: Informing Policy
The progress in our contemporary societies is a product of the policy-making process. Ideally, the emergency of new policies or amendments of previous ones is informed by the need for a change or existing gaps in societal systems. There are myriad of policies that define the current U.S healthcare system, as informed by the emerging, existing healthcare needs. This paper, among other things, will focus on diverse issues. First, it will do an exposition on how the government policy process informs the development, implementation, and assessment of such policy within the realm of healthcare. Second, it will illustrate how an example of health policy impacts on healthcare consumers, organizations, healthcare providers, and systems. This paper will use Improving Seniors' Timely Access to Care Act of 2019 as an example of a policy to show how it affects the health arena. Finally, I will discuss this paper base on an imagined organization that I work with in terms of stakeholder engagements in policy formulation and its impact on healthcare policy a formation and structures, stakeholder response, and the specific impact this government policy will make.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Hamlet Essays
- Social networking Essays
- A good man is hard to find Essays
- Illegal immigration Essays
- Civil rights movement Essays
- Poetry analysis Essays
- Racial discrimination Essays
- Sociological imagination Essays
- Feminist Essays
- Industrial revolution Essays
- Culture Essays
- Drunk driving Essays
- Cell phone Essays
- Art Essays
- Sociology Essays
- Capital punishment Essays
- Diuretic in treating of Hypertension Health, Medicine, Nursing EssayDescription: The use of diuretics is one of the common methods used for the treatment of various illnesses. One example of these illnesses is hypertension, which is the sudden and great increase in blood pressure within the vessels, which could then lead to further complications. In the article written by Blowey (2016)...1 page/≈275 words | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- Nursing reflection Health, Medicine, Nursing EssayDescription: Communication in healthcare is a fundamental approach to effective healthcare delivery. It is through effective communication that will allow a collaborative approach in managing patient with different illnesses. It will bring on different board cadres of health professional including physicians, surgeons...1 page/≈275 words | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- Risk Factors or Precursors to Adolescent Pregnancy.Description: Adolescent pregnancy has been considered to be a major health problem worldwide. Research over time has shown that early childbearing has negative effects on maternal health and that of a newborn....1 page/≈275 words | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |