Scholar Activity. Unit V Article Review. Business & Marketing Essay (Essay Sample)
Unit V Article Review
For this assignment, you will conduct an article review using a peer-reviewed article of your choice relating to agency problems from the CSU Online Library. The purpose of this assignment is for you to practice reviewing articles that contribute to the industry. The authors of these articles are researchers and professionals who have shared or experimented with ideas that demonstrate potential to improve the industry. As a professional in the industry, it is in your best interest to review the literature and trends. This provides you with the opportunity to read about what was successful and how it was accomplished. Plus, it allows you to analyze what was unsuccessful, how you can improve it, or at least how you can avoid repeating the mistakes of others. Use these skills to contribute to research papers and other scholarly writings. Address the following questions in your review:
1. How could the work of the authors in the article solve some of the most common agency problems?
2. To what extent would both manager and owners go to avoid significant agency costs resulting from agency problems?
3. How does agency cost and firm value impact agency problems? 4. What challenges do you see in the American corporate world that may exacerbate agency problems?
The article you choose to write on must meet the following requirements: Be peer-reviewed Relate to the concepts within this course Be at 10-15 pages in length
The writing you submit must meet the following requirements: Be a minimum of two pages (excluding title page and references) Include these essential components: Introduction/Discussion, Literature Review, Methods/Methodology, Results, Analysis, and Conclusion/Suggestions for Future Research.
Identify the main topic/question—include how it ties into the objectives Identify the author’s intended audience Critique the article and share your thoughts—what appears to be valid and invalid?
Discuss whether you agree with the author’s assertions? Why, or why not?
Format your article review using APA style.
Use your own words, and include citations and references in APA style as needed to avoid plagiarism. Use your textbook as a reference plus two outside references: Samuelson, W. F., & Marks, S. G. (2015). Managerial Economics (8th ed.). Hoboken, NJ: Wiley.
In the article “Agency problems in tracking stock and minority carve-out decisions: Explaining the discrepancy in short-and long-term performances” by He, Mukherjee & Wei (2009), the authors argue that the discrepancies in short term and long-term performances can be explained through the “self-serving behavior of the restructuring service managers”. In the short-term, the performances can be positive. However, in the long-term, managers seem to want to take advantage of the speculative market conditions and award themselves a raise (Samuelson & Marks, 2015). The authors further argue that tracking parents managers normally enjoy a greater degree of control and they can use this power to pay themselves and for this reason, they normally have a bad long term performance in comparison with their carved-out counter parts.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to art essays:
- Jazz and the Renaissance. Harlem Renaissance. Arts EssayDescription: The African Americans are a community that has a vibrant culture and one that forms the basis for some of the most crucial developments in the American culture....6 pages/≈1650 words | No Sources | MLA | Visual & Performing Arts | Essay |
- Research article review Hypertension article. Research PaperDescription: * An estimated 30% of the adults in the United States suffer from hypertension, which places them at a very high risk of developing heart diseases and stroke (Allen, Brownstein, Satsangi & Escoffery, 2016)....2 pages/≈550 words | 14 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Research Paper |
- Web Article Assignment. Literature & Language EssayDescription: With a large number of ways of watching television, we can now access a plethora of inappropriate and quality shows. In today’s fast-paced and competitive environment, it becomes necessary for all of us to escape worries and get rid of tensions temporarily. ...4 pages/≈1100 words | 4 Sources | MLA | Literature & Language | Essay |