The US Airline Industry. Management Article Assignment (Article Sample)
Select an appropriate peer-reviewed article on a topic from this week's readings. Begin this assignment by reading the news article carefully. Take care to note the following in your close reading of the article:
1. Does the article appear to be making a clear point, expecting the reader to draw a particular conclusion? If so, what is that thesis or main conclusion?
2. Does the author appear to have a particular point of view or approach to the topic? Does this seem to be persuasion or does the author seem to be making a relatively objective effort to answer reasonable questions readers may have about the topic?
3. What are the key issues or topics that make up the article? What conclusions does the author draw concerning each?
4. What sorts of evidence and reasoning does the author use to support each of his/her main conclusions? Note specifically, all facts the author cites in the article. Can you determine if they are accurate?
5. What kind of general impression(s) would you expect the typical reader to take away from the article after reading it?
The article review should be submitted in APA format with an APA cover page, APA header with page number and an APA formatted references sheet. The article review should be at least 1000 words not counting cover and references. Please include 3-5 academic sources. Although you are reviewing one article, you will need support (sources) for your claims of accuracy of the facts (what are other authors saying about the same topic).
Helleloid, D., Nam, S., Schultz, P., & Vitton, J. (2015). THE U.S. AIRLINE INDUSTRY IN 2015. Journal of the International Academy for Case Studies, 21(5), 113-125. Retrieved from https://search-proquest-com(dot)ezproxy2(dot)apus(dot)edu/docview/1768629381?accountid=8289 v
Rose, N. (2012). After Airline Deregulation and Alfred E. Kahn. The American Economic Review, 102(3), 376-380. Retrieved from http://www(dot)jstor(dot)org/stable/23245560
Berry, S., & Jia, P. (2010). Tracing the woes: An empirical analysis of the airline industry. American Economic Journal.Microeconomics, 2(3), 1-43. doi:http://dx(dot)doi(dot)org(dot)ezproxy1(dot)apus(dot)edu/10.1257/mic.2.3.1
The US Airline Industry
Does the article appear to be making a clear point, expecting the reader to draw a particular conclusion? If so, what is that thesis or main conclusion?
Helleloid, Nam, Schultz & Vitton (2015) focused on the U.S. airline industry and pointed out that the research was aimed at helping students “external environment, industry structure, and competitive rivalry impact firms’ financial performance”. The authors compared the financial performance of the U.S. airline firms focusing on the history of the industry until deregulation, and the entry of low cost carriers. The main conclusion is that the competitive landscape and structure of the U.S. airline industry was characterized with intense competition, greater profitability in the recent years, but the actions of individual firms influenced competitiveness. 2] Does the author appear to have a particular point of view or approach to the topic? Does this seem to be persuasion or does the author seem to be making a relatively objective effort to answer reasonable questions readers may have about the topic?
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Same sex marriage Essays
- Animal right Essays
- Slavery Essays
- Teenage pregnancy Essays
- American dream Essays
- Immigration Essays
- Racism Essays
- Global warming Essays
- Religion Essays
- Gay marriage Essays
- Police brutality Essays
- Love Essays
- Animal testing Essays
- Obesity in america Essays
- World war 1 Essays
- Martin luther king Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to art essays:
- Khafre Visual & Performing Arts Essay. Chose one artwork to write onDescription: Khafre enthroned is an iconic statue that is kept in the Egyptian Museum in Cairo, Egypt. Over time, the whole piece has been regarded as an essential part of human history as it represents the culture that existed in ancient times...3 pages/≈825 words | 2 Sources | MLA | Visual & Performing Arts | Essay |
- Power of Context. Power of Context (Part Two). Management EssayDescription: What underlies successful epidemics, in the end, is a bedrock belief that change is possible, that people can radically transform their behavior or beliefs in the face of the right kind of impetus....3 pages/≈825 words | No Sources | APA | Management | Essay |
- Benchmark Assignment: Applying Theory to a Practice Problem: Part 3: Application of Borrowed. . .Description: Summary of the problem and the potential middle-range theory Nursing retention, staffing, and recruitment help meet adequate nurse staffing needs to meet patient needs and provide quality care....7 pages/≈1925 words | 4 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |