Congestive Heart Failure. Approach to care. Treatment Plan (Case Study Sample)
Case Study 2
Mr. P is a 76-year-old male with cardiomyopathy and congestive heart failure who has been hospitalized frequently to treat CHF symptoms. He has difficulty maintaining diet restrictions and managing his polypharmacy. He has 4+ pitting edema, moist crackles throughout lung fields, and labored breathing. He has no family other than his wife, who verbalizes sadness over his declining health and over her inability to get out of the house. She is overwhelmed with the stack of medical bills, as Mr. P always took care of the financial issues. Mr. P is despondent and asks why God has not taken him.
Considering Mr. P’s condition and circumstance, write an essay of 500-750 words that includes the following:
• Describe your approach to care.
• Recommend a treatment plan.
• Describe a method for providing both the patient and family with education and explain your rationale.
• Provide a teaching plan (avoid using terminology that the patient and family may not understand).
Congestive Heart Failure
Your Subject and Section
July 23, 2018
According to Mogensen, J. (2009), cardiomyopathy is characterized by the enlargement of the heart. There are two types of cardiomyopathy. The first type is hypertrophic cardiomyopathy which is an enlargement of the heart due to the abnormal thickness of the heart wall. The second type is restrictive cardiomyopathy. This is the uncommon type and presents with an impaired filling of the ventricles leading to a reduced volume. However, unlike the hypertrophic type, this has a normal or near normal wall thickness and systolic function (Mogensen, 2013).
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to art essays:
- The US Airline Industry. Management Article AssignmentDescription: Does the article appear to be making a clear point, expecting the reader to draw a particular conclusion? If so, what is that thesis or main conclusion?...4 pages/≈1100 words | 1 Source | APA | Management | Article |
- Khafre Visual & Performing Arts Essay. Chose one artwork to write onDescription: Khafre enthroned is an iconic statue that is kept in the Egyptian Museum in Cairo, Egypt. Over time, the whole piece has been regarded as an essential part of human history as it represents the culture that existed in ancient times...3 pages/≈825 words | 2 Sources | MLA | Visual & Performing Arts | Essay |
- Power of Context. Power of Context (Part Two). Management EssayDescription: What underlies successful epidemics, in the end, is a bedrock belief that change is possible, that people can radically transform their behavior or beliefs in the face of the right kind of impetus....3 pages/≈825 words | No Sources | APA | Management | Essay |