Child Abuse Social Problems Social Sciences Coursework (Coursework Sample)
Using a separate Word document, answer the following prompts in an essay format:
First, select a social problem to analyze throughout this course. You may select from the list or come up with a social problem you wish to analyze:
• Child Abuse
Remember, you will use your selected social problem to complete other assignments throughout this course.
In an essay format, cite one scholarly source from the GCU library in addition to the textbook and complete the following:
1. Describe your selected social problem in its social context. (55- 75words).
2. Use your sociological imagination to explain how the selected social problem is influenced by society (75-100 words).
3. Select the theoretical perspective(s) (functionalist, conflict, and interactionist) that best aligns with the social problem you’ve selected to analyze in this course.
4. Explain why the theoretical perspective(s) you chose is best to explain the selected social problem.
5. Next, use that theoretical perspective(s) to explain how your selected social problem came to be and how it is perpetuated. (150-200 words)
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the GCU Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a scoring guide. Please review the “Introduction to Social Problems Worksheet” scoring guide prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Please refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.
Submit the assignment to your instructor by the end of Topic 1.
Subject and Section
Date of Submission
Social Context of Child Abuse
Child abuse has several consequences that are related to one another since the majority of these are social factors that victimize vulnerable families. This leads to cyclical patterns of stress and maltreatment. Devastatingly, the vulnerability of a family is largely influenced by social factors such as unemployment, housing, and family discord. The higher the correlation to these factors, the higher the chances of suffering from abuse and neglect. All of these significantly affect the stability of a family, making the family members’, especially the children’s, necessities unmet. Thus, robbing them of their ability to cope and find a solid foundation concerning relationship building (Ferguson, 2010).
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to scientific essays:
- Statement of Purpose Social Sciences - Admission EssayDescription: The social work profession makes for one of the fields that play a significant role in promoting social change across the social, political, and economic dimensions in society. Social workers function to promote equality among individuals or groups by attending to their diverse needs and demands...3 pages/≈825 words | Other | Social Sciences | Admission Essay |
- Refugee Settlement Policies in Australia. Social Sciences. Case StudyDescription: Australia has long been recognized as an alternative destination for refugees who out of fear of persecution in their home country flee for safety. It is this reason that justifies Australia’s actions towards such victims....3 pages/≈825 words | Harvard | Social Sciences | Case Study |
- Mid-latitudinal Cyclones Essay Life Sciences EssayDescription: Frontal or mid-latitude cyclones are large moving atmospheric storms. They can be over 1600 miles in diameters, and they have centers of low atmospheric pressure (Bierdel, 2017). The surface pressure can go as lower as 970 millibars, while the sea-level pressure is an average of 1013 millibars...2 pages/≈550 words | APA | Life Sciences | Essay |