Introduction to Purchasing and Supply Chain Management (Coursework Sample)
1. Supply chain ‘risk' management is becoming more important than ever before. Explain this statement and provide an example of a recent (less than 3 years) of a supply chain disruption and how did the organization manage to cope with it.
2. Information technology is an enabler of supply chain excellence. Describe it in detail. Also pick another enabler and describe how information technology and the enabler you picked are related to each other.
3. Some organizations involve purchasing after completion of new product development process and some keep purchasing involved throughout the development process. What are the pros and cons of the two approaches?
4. Discuss the type of documents that are included in a suite of e-procurement tools. In addition, what are the various challenges involved in implementing e-procurement tools.
Introduction to Purchasing and Supply Chain Management
Introduction to purchasing and supply chain management
In the past, main challenges that affected supply chain management were physical risks such as fires and earthquakes, but now it has become a more important aspect of business due to the interconnectedness as a result of globalization and technological advancement. There are many disruptions due to increased sharing of information, ethical standards, and corporate social responsibility (John, 2016). For instance, in 2014, Samsung suspended business with Shinyang Electronics, a Chinese supply company that was accused of employing underage workers.
Information technology is essential when engaging in effectual and responsible supply chains. It is essential in linking different parties in the supply chain that includes suppliers, sellers, and customers. In this light, it acts as the link allowing supply chain enablers to function together effectively, wit...
- Unit III Management Coursework Writing AssignmentDescription: The Theory of Comparative Advantage is an economic law referring to the ability of any given economic actor to produce goods and services at a lower opportunity cost than other economic actors...1 page/≈275 words| 1 Source | APA | Management | Coursework |
- Module 4 Discussion Post Assignment: Habitat For HumanityDescription: A leader must develop and outline the organization's mission, vision, strategies, and goals and communicate these to employees, stakeholders, the public, and regulatory agencies, to name a few....1 page/≈275 words| 1 Source | APA | Management | Coursework |
- Critical Thinking: The 10 Characteristics Of Effective LeadershipDescription: hoose one of the following two assignments to complete this week. Do not do both assignments. Identify your assignment choice in the title of your submission....1 page/≈275 words| No Sources | APA | Management | Coursework |