Presentation Outline: Allowing Retakes for Tests (Coursework Sample)
Presentation Outline: Allowing Retakes for Testssource..
Presentation Outline: Allowing Retakes for Tests
PRESENTATION OUTLINE FOR ALLOWING RETAKES FOR TESTS
A. Attention Grabber: Imagine if you only had one chance of getting a driver’s license.
While that would alleviate traffic problems, not having the option to retry and pass the test would cripple many aspects of life.
1 Just like drivers, students should be allowed to retake tests.
2 Many students will show more effort in classes.
3 Students will learn the content of the classes better.
4 Studies emphasize that retakes allow students to understand the topic of their classes better and gives struggling students extended time to learn their materials.
B. Thesis: Students should be allowed to retake tests.
(Transition: Let me start by giving you information on testing)
* Testing is not the only indicator of intelligence or success
1 One of the biggest hindrances to students gaining and maintaining a growth mindset in classrooms is testing (Armstrong, 2010).
2 A major component of the idea is making students understand that the result of their tests simply reflects their current abilities and not their permanent abilities (Armstrong, 2010).
3 Understanding this is difficult when students normally get only one chance at passing a test.
* If they pass, their learning capabilities and intellectual skills are validated
* If they fail, it is the opposite.
4 If students only get one chance to take a test, the results are permanent and reflect in their grades.
* There is little reaso
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Racial discrimination Essays
- Sociological imagination Essays
- Feminist Essays
- Industrial revolution Essays
- Culture Essays
- Drunk driving Essays
- Cell phone Essays
- Art Essays
- Sociology Essays
- Capital punishment Essays
- Imperialism Essays
- Childhood obesity Essays
- Nursing career Essays
- Physician assisted suicide Essays
- Ethnography Essays
- Dance Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to animal testing:
- Genetic Testing. Biological & Biomedical Sciences EssayDescription: Genetic testing is a medical test in which the genetic material, DNA, is tested for any form of differences or susceptibility to particular abnormalities and diseases (Genetics Home Reference, 2018). ...2 pages/≈550 words | 2 Sources | APA | Biological & Biomedical Sciences | Essay |
- Threats to Internal Validity. What are some specific examples of these confounding effects?Description: Internal validity deals with how well an experiment has been carried out, more specifically by avoiding the effects of more than one independent variable. For an experiment to have higher internal validity, it must have fewer chances for other independent variables affecting the experiment. ...3 pages/≈825 words | 3 Sources | APA | Psychology | Essay |
- Ethics- Use of animals in the process of testing non-medical products.Description: Poisoning, shocking, burning and murdering animals has become a common practice for various companies producing non-medical products such as cosmetics, cleaning, storage, pharmacy and office supplies among others, according to People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA)....6 pages/≈1650 words | 10 Sources | APA | Accounting, Finance, SPSS | Essay |