Health Policy and Law Basics Nursing Coursework (Coursework Sample)
Due Week 3 and worth 150 points
As a chief operating officer of a hospital, you have been tasked with opening a new ambulatory care center in your city.
Write a 2-3 page paper in which you:
1. Specify whether you would utilize the professional autonomy, social contract, or free market perspective as the paradigm to design the structure of your new center. Debate at least two (2) advantages and two (2) disadvantages of your chosen perspective. Provide at least two (2) examples of your perspective in action to support your response.
2. Analyze the key components of three (3) sources of law related to the effects that each source could potentially have on your healthcare organization's new initiative.
3. Use at least two (2) quality references. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the professor's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Describe the evolution of hospitals and sources of law.
- Examine tort law and the criminal aspects of health care.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in healthcare policy, law, and ethics.
- Write clearly and concisely about healthcare policy and law using proper writing mechanics.
Social Contact Paradigm in ASCs
Date of submission
Social Contact Paradigm in ASCs
Ambulatory surgery centers (ASCs) offer patients with the most convenient places for conducting safely surgeries and procedures outside the hospital setups for more than ten years. Such ASCs have improved quality and consumer service under minimal costs amidst high costs incurred in other health facilities. Therefore, a current focus on the broader care continuum outside healthcare hospitals has been of greater achievement. Such services have been done based on social contact paradigm which has enabled the community hospitals to provide ambulatory services based on their own core values and missions. Thus, social contact paradigm has enabled most of the community-base
- Effective Patient EducationDescription: Health and Medicine: Effective Patient Education Coursework...4 pages/≈1100 words| 2 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Coursework |
- Quality ManagementDescription: Quality Management. Relationship of quality management principles to patient care and the barriers to translating research knowledge into innovative practice ...1 page/≈275 words| 4 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Coursework |
- Practicum Coordinator: Request for Practice Experience JournalDescription: Setting up the interview was crucial to determine how the administrators used the leadership opportunities to achieve success....2 pages/≈550 words| 3 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Coursework |