Developing Emergent Curriculum. Education Coursework (Coursework Sample)
Step #1: In 2 paragraphs write a response that integrates your perspectives, experiences, and your readings, respond to the following questions:
Read the article "One Teacher, 20 Preschoolers, and a Goldfish: Environmental Awareness, Emergent Curriculum, and Documentation" by Lewin-Benham, Ann.
Question #1: In what ways did the teacher in Lewin-Benham’s article co-construct the curriculum with her students?
Step #2 Read pages 11 through page 31 of this first article of Stacey, S. (2009). Emergent Curriculum and Your Teaching Journey. Emergent curriculum in early childhood settings: From theory to practice
Retrieved from: https://www(dot)iactivelearning(dot)com/sites/default/files/book/samples/Susan_Stacey-Emergent_Curriculum_in_Early_Childhood_Settings-Sample.pdf
Question #2: Now reflect on the Susan Stacey article and respond: in what ways does developing an emergent and responsive curriculum create an inclusive classroom environment?
Question #3: Is emergent curriculum also planned? Why or why not?
Step #3 Review the following narrated PowerPoints on the topics of Emergent Curriculum, Documentation: Making Learning Visible and finally review the Microsoft Word Document on the Documentation Process. Review them all so you could a good understanding of the topics.
* Must be in Times New Roman Font with 1 inch margins all around.
* Must be in APA Format
* Must have at least APA reference and that reference can be relevant research to support your important points in your paragraphs and if you use quotes make sure they are cited properly.
* Must be at least 275 words
* Must be at least 1 page and at least 2 paragraphs.
Notes to the Writer:
* Even tough I posted the website link to the article on "One Teacher, 20 Preschoolers, and a Goldfish: Environmental Awareness, Emergent Curriculum, and Documentation" by Lewin-Benham, Ann. I also uploaded the PDF version of it just in case.
* Also even though I posted the website link to the article of "Emergent Curriculum and Your Teaching Journey. Emergent curriculum in early childhood settings: From theory to practice" by Susan Stacey I uploaded the PDF version of it just in case.
* I uploaded a PowerPoint Presentation of Emergent Curriculum and another PowerPoint Presentation of Documentation: Making Learning Visible.
* I uploaded a Microsoft Word Document on the Documentation Process.
Developing Emergent Curriculum
Developing Emergent Curriculum
Teaching environmental conservation to children is one of the most challenging issues in education. Due to the current environmental problems such as climate change and pollution, educators need to develop an inclusive curriculum that enables children to appreciate environmental conservation at school. This paper seeks to analyze several articles on education and the environment.
The teacher in Lewin-Benham’s article creates the curriculum with children by teaching them how to take care of a goldfish in the classroom (Lewin-Benham, 2006).
- Write a script for a presentation. Education CourseworkDescription: The topic of my discussion/presentation is To What Extent Do National Policies Interfere With Women Rights. I strongly believe that women should be given as many rights and opportunities as men receive....6 pages/≈1650 words | APA | Education | Coursework |
- Case Study Response 3. Education Coursework. APA formatDescription: The leading cause of separation anxiety in young children results from the struggle to separate from a caregiver due to new environments and experiences....1 page/≈275 words | APA | Education | Coursework |
- Children Learning through Play. Education CourseworkDescription: When children decide to engage in play, they are always not thinking of what they will gain from the game. Yet, their play creates excellent learning opportunities across all their developmental domains....1 page/≈275 words | APA | Education | Coursework |