BBA 3602: Best Practices Tied To Management (Article Critique Sample)
Unit I Article Review
Visit the CSU Online Library, and locate an article that addresses one of the following best practices tied to management: planning, organization, staffing, or directing. The ABI/INFORM Collection database features a number of excellent articles covering these concepts. In order to find these resources, you must first log into the myCSU Student Portal and access the ABI/INFORM Collection database within the CSU Online Library.
BBA 3602, Principles of Management 3
After reading the article and briefly summarizing the purpose for the article, answer the following questions:
- What is the main point?
- Who is the intended audience?
- Do the arguments within the article support the main point?
- What evidence supports the main point?
- What is your opinion of the article? Do you agree with the findings?
Your article review submission must be at least one page in length.
The article review should be formatted in accordance with APA style.
Article Critique: Best Practices Tied To Management
In the article “The effect of the tasks middle managers perform on organizational performance” Johansen & Hawes (2016) sought to determine how middle managers in public management influence organizational performance depending on whether they set clear goals or not. The article is aimed at fellow academics and managers as the authors sought to provide insights into how middle managers affected the strategic management process. Middle managers are trained to perform the traditional management roles of planning.
The arguments in the paper support the authors’ main point since the involvement of the middle managers in strategic decision making was associated with better organizational performance because of increasing goal understanding. With clear goals, there is motivation to perform effectively, it is more likely the managers will maintain and change practices to improve organizational performance....
- Transportation, The Logistics Capability, Article Review Description: Reflection of literature evaluation, including findings, lessons learned, or best practices that can be applied to improve the management of the transportation function....3 pages/≈825 words | 2 Sources | APA | Management | Article Critique |
- Review, Critique Reflection Article About TransportationDescription: Critique reflection of literature evaluation, including best practices that can be applied to improve the management of the transportation function. ...1 page/≈275 words | 1 Source | APA | Management | Article Critique |
- BBA 3602: Best Practices Tied To ManagementDescription: The arguments in the paper support the authors’ main point since the involvement of the middle managers in strategic decision making was associated with better organizational performance because of increasing goal understanding....1 page/≈275 words | 1 Source | APA | Management | Article Critique |