Term Paper Assignment: A Key Concept in Information Systems (Term Paper Sample)
Use the Internet or the Strayer Library to research one (1) concept in information systems that you have studied in this course. You may select a topic of your choice or you may use one (1) of the following:
1. Computer literacy and information literacy
2. Using information systems and information technologies / management information systems
3. Data warehouses
4. Personal, legal, ethical, and organizational issues of information systems
5. Protecting information resources
A. risks associated with information technologies
B. computer and network security
C. security threats / measures & enforcement / comprehensive security guidelines
6. Mobile and wireless networks / security
7. Convergence of voice, video, and data
8. New trends: the Web 2.0 and Web 3.0 eras
9. e-Commerce / B2B e-Commerce / mobile and voice-based e-Commerce
10. Global information systems
11. Building successful information systems
12. Enterprise systems
13. Management support systems
14. Intelligent information systems
15. Emerging trends, technologies, and applications
Write a four to five (4-5) page paper in which you:
. Present an overview of the origin and history of the concept that you have chosen.
. Describe one (1) current use of the concept that you have chosen. Include at least two (2) examples of such use in individuals, organizations, and / or governments to support your response.
.Discuss common attitudes toward the concept. Next, discuss your own attitudes toward the concept in question. Justify your response.
. Explain the fundamental strengths and weaknesses--or the advantages and disadvantages--of the concept that you have chosen. Justify your response.
. Describe the prevailing view that experts hold about the likely future of the concept in question.
. Include the views of at least three (3) experts to support your response.
. Use at least six (6) quality references. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
Explain the major components of an information systems infrastructure.
Identify emerging technologies that enable new forms of communication, collaboration, and partnering.
Explain how information systems are enabling new forms of commerce between individuals, organizations, and governments.
Use technology and information resources to research issues in information systems.
Write clearly and concisely about management information systems using proper writing mechanics.
Term Paper: A Key Concept in Information Systems
Term Paper: A Key Concept in Information Syst...
- Management Term Paper On Leading Servant OrganizationsDescription: Servant leadership refers to the natural feeling of the desire to serve others. In other words, it is a philosophy with set practices ...1 page/≈275 words | 4 Sources | APA | Management | Term Paper |
- Personal Assessment of Strengths Research AssignmentDescription: Explain how your top five strengths relate to your leadership style. Determine how they relate to the key functions you would need to perform as a manager....2 pages/≈550 words | No Sources | APA | Management | Term Paper |
- Creating Training Tools: Analyzing Different Strengths Description: Determine how the process might be approached differently for each employee to produce the best results. Use scenarios to convey your idea....3 pages/≈825 words | No Sources | APA | Management | Term Paper |