Term Paper Assignment: A Key Concept in Information Systems (Term Paper Sample)
Use the Internet or the Strayer Library to research one (1) concept in information systems that you have studied in this course. You may select a topic of your choice or you may use one (1) of the following:
1. Computer literacy and information literacy
2. Using information systems and information technologies / management information systems
3. Data warehouses
4. Personal, legal, ethical, and organizational issues of information systems
5. Protecting information resources
A. risks associated with information technologies
B. computer and network security
C. security threats / measures & enforcement / comprehensive security guidelines
6. Mobile and wireless networks / security
7. Convergence of voice, video, and data
8. New trends: the Web 2.0 and Web 3.0 eras
9. e-Commerce / B2B e-Commerce / mobile and voice-based e-Commerce
10. Global information systems
11. Building successful information systems
12. Enterprise systems
13. Management support systems
14. Intelligent information systems
15. Emerging trends, technologies, and applications
Write a four to five (4-5) page paper in which you:
. Present an overview of the origin and history of the concept that you have chosen.
. Describe one (1) current use of the concept that you have chosen. Include at least two (2) examples of such use in individuals, organizations, and / or governments to support your response.
.Discuss common attitudes toward the concept. Next, discuss your own attitudes toward the concept in question. Justify your response.
. Explain the fundamental strengths and weaknesses--or the advantages and disadvantages--of the concept that you have chosen. Justify your response.
. Describe the prevailing view that experts hold about the likely future of the concept in question.
. Include the views of at least three (3) experts to support your response.
. Use at least six (6) quality references. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
Explain the major components of an information systems infrastructure.
Identify emerging technologies that enable new forms of communication, collaboration, and partnering.
Explain how information systems are enabling new forms of commerce between individuals, organizations, and governments.
Use technology and information resources to research issues in information systems.
Write clearly and concisely about management information systems using proper writing mechanics.
Term Paper: A Key Concept in Information Systems
Term Paper: A Key Concept in Information Syst...
- Methods And Results, Existing Literature For Term PaperDescription: This paper is intended to give you an opportunity to write two sections of your final paper and get feedback on how to make your final paper the best it can be...5 pages/≈1375 words| 1 Source | APA | Management | Term Paper |
- Management Distracted Driving Introduction Section OnlyDescription: This assignment is designed to have you write the introduction section of your final paper ahead of time. ...7 pages/≈1925 words| 2 Sources | APA | Management | Term Paper |
- Nokia Company: Change from Mobile Manufacturer to Networking EquipmentDescription: Around the year 2000, Nokia was among the largest suppliers of mobile phones across the globe. Started in the year 1865 in Finland, the company expanded its reach to other areas in the globe by the year 1980. ...5 pages/≈1375 words| 5 Sources | APA | Management | Term Paper |