Every Nurse Is a Leader (Term Paper Sample)
Combining Nurse Leader With Advocacy
Rate yourself using the results from the "Nurse Manager Skills Inventory":
Write a reflection of 750-1,000 words in which you identify your strengths and weaknesses related to the four content areas below:
Personal and professional accountability
Personal journey disciplines
Reflective practice reference behaviors/tenets
Discuss how you will use your current leadership skill set to advocate for change in your workplace.
Identify one personal goal for your leadership growth and discuss your implementation plan to achieve that goal.
While APA format is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected and in-text citations and references should be presented using APA documentation guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide.
Strengths and weaknesses
In the realization that every nurse is a leader, it is crucial to have self reflection, in a leader note so as to ensure success in the undertakings. The reflection is based on the strengths and weaknesses because; just like in any other area of life, there is bound to be one's strengths and weaknesses. The emphasis is put on maximizing the areas of strength and working harder to mitigate the effects of the weak points. In personal and professional accountability, I can be said to be strong in the aspect of being accountable especially in delivery of service. This is based on the many satisfactory efforts made in delivery of services even past the stipulated hours. This strength is also reflected in personal accountability due to the need to carry on the personal duties alongside the nursing duties which are consciously intertwined with leadership. Personal growth has been achieved through advancement in education. There have also been efforts of articulating ethics in the nursing practice. This is due to the realization of the leadership aspect in every nurse. However, a weakness is noted when it comes to multitasking, at such points, there is less accountability. This is so again when there are involvement many persons to be controlled. At times, the sense of accountability is lost.
In the aspect of career planning, there is realization of some strength. The important aspect that articulates the other strengths here is the early planning. When career planning is done in good time, there is always realization of positive results. It is on the basis of this point that I have had early career planning. This aspect, in self reflection, is seen as strength because; with it, the other aspects of success have been well articulated. Feetham & Doering (2015) assert that; the strength of career planning is compounded by incorporation of essential aspects in the planning. For instance, analyzing the extent of the career and the modern technologies which are helpful in advancing the career has been of great importance. For inst...
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Song analysis Essays
- Animal cruelty Essays
- Kill a mockingbird Essays
- Homeless Essays
- Salem witch trials Essays
- Medicinal marijuana Essays
- The yellow wallpaper Essays
- Fear Essays
- Freedom of speech Essays
- Women rights Essays
- Modest proposal Essays
- Domestic violence Essays
- The story of an hour Essays
- Hamlet Essays
- Social networking Essays
- A good man is hard to find Essays
- Disorders of Digestive and Musculoskeletal SystemDescription: At the moment he has not been diagnosed with metabolic diseases, he may end up getting the ailments if he does not take the appropriate measures to mitigate the situation...2 pages/≈550 words | 2 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Term Paper |
- The Cost of Health Care Description: The health care system is a crucial aspect of the country that needs to be given much attention....8 pages/≈2200 words | 6 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Term Paper |
- Sepsis Bundle Campaign Reduce the Risk of Mortality for in Septic PatientsDescription: In the emergency department, does the initiation of the sepsis bundle campaign reduce the risk of mortality for in septic patients?...7 pages/≈1925 words | 7 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Term Paper |