SCM Project 1. Lending Club is a lending company in San Franscisco (Statistics Project Sample)
The Lending Club is a lending company based on San Franscisco, CA. They connect borrowers with investors through an online marketplace. They have provided a publically available data from 2007-2011. I have it under Project files. Please see the data with its data dictionary (This is in another separate excel sheet which explains what all the variables mean).
You just got an interview as an analyst for the Lending Club. The client wants you to analyze this big amount of information.
Start by making initial observations of the data. What types of variables are present? Is there anything that catches your eye? A good analyst checks the data carefully. See the Quartz Guide to Bad Data: https://github(dot)com/Quartz/bad-data-guide (链接到外部网站。)
Use at least two ways to summarize the qualitative data present in the data set with frequency distributions and the various graphs/charts we have used in the class for Chapter 2.
Do the same thing with the quantitative data present. These four ways should be different aspects from the data set. Interpret your results.
Pick two of the above graphs you chose and describe the shape of those distributions.
Why did you use the certain graphs you did? Are there any benefits over the other?
Now I want you to take two variables you think might be related. Create a scatterplot. Find the covariance, correlation and interpret the results.
For the 2 examples you chose on Step 4, give me the best central tendency measure you feel is right for the data sets. Then find their sample variances.
Create a box plot for me for one of the examples.
Depending on the distribution you get for Step 8, let me know where the limits of the observations lie within 2 standard deviations of the mean. What does this mean in relation to the variable?
Finally give me a summary of what you have discovered as a whole from this data set. You want the Lending Club to know that you are very interested in working with them. Give them something to think about.
Due October 11th online. Submit on Canvas. Send me whatever work you have done with Excel or any other tool you wish to use all in 1 document. Send me formulas/code used. DO NOT Handwrite the calculations. We will discuss tools in class.
SCM Project 1
SCM Project 1
1 Start by making initial observations of the data. What types of variables are present? Is there anything that catches your eye?
The types of variables present in the data provided are the following with their respective examples:
* Quantitative-numerical, i.e. continuous and discrete. E.g., loan amount, funded amount, funded amount inventory, term, installment, annual income, etc.
* Qualitative-categorical i.e. nominal, ordinal, ratio and interval. E.g. grade, subgrade, employment title, sub-grade, home ownership, loan status, address state etc.
Surprisingly, the variables present in the data can be sub-grouped into either continuous or discrete if it’s numerical and nominal, ordinal, ratio or interval if it’s qualitative. Conclusively, the data has all variables.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Business Statistics Project. How the truth or falsehood in the hypothesisDescription: An annual report in November 2016 depicted the state of departures by young people in their quest for education. The number of Americans opting to pursue education is rapidly increasing....7 pages/≈1925 words | 3 Sources | APA | Mathematics & Economics | Statistics Project |
- IHP-340-R4178 Stats-Healthcare Professionals Nursing on Night ShiftDescription: The article, Napping of the night shift: A two-hospital implementation project, is appropriate in assessing barriers for implementing night shift naps for nurses. Arguably, nurses, who work on night shift may suffer from fatigue while undertaking their duties. The hypothesis of the research in the article...3 pages/≈825 words | 2 Sources | APA | Mathematics & Economics | Statistics Project |
- Project - Q 9 and 10: The Top 100 Retailers Description: The Top 100 Retailers 2015 focuses on 2014 retail sales in the US, worldwide and growth in both markets in 201. StatCruch provided the data based on dataset comes from the National Retail Federation, which tracks the 100 top retail chains in the US and provides insights on retailing trends....1 page/≈275 words | No Sources | APA | Mathematics & Economics | Statistics Project |