Philosophy in Ex Machina. Visual & Performing Arts Movie Review (Movie Review Sample)
EACH RESPONSE NEEDS TO:
1) have a title
2) answer the question.
3) bold main claim (otherwise known as a thesis)
4) have a beginning (introduces the text you are writing about and the topic), a middle (the
bulk of the paper where you make an argument), and an end (where you tell me what you
5) analyze at least one quotation from the text.
6) cite quotations properly (Plato, Republic, 430a2).
7) be broken into multiple paragraphs that communicate a thought and build on each other to
argue for your claim. This should look like a mini-paper.
8) be no longer than 400 words.
9) reference readings and the film.
Knowing Others Knowing The Self
O Alex Garland, Ex Machina
o John Haugeland, “Artificial Intelligence The Very Idea” (selections)
o Alan M. Turing, “Computing Machinery and Intelligence,”
What do we learn about ourselves in thinking about AI?
Philosophy in Film
Course Number and Name
Assignment Due Date
Title of the Paper: Philosophy in Ex Machina
Released in 2014, Ex Machina is a science fiction movie by Alex Garland. The leading roles are played by Alicia Vikander, Domhnall Gleeson, Oscar Isaac, and Sonoya Mizuno. The story of this movie is about a programmer who is invented to administer the Turing test to one of the most intelligent humanoid robots. The nature of consciousness is the main theme of this movie.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Divorce Essays
- Romeo and juliet Essays
- Time management Essays
- Sport Essays
- Buddhism Essays
- Community service Essays
- Hate crime Essays
- Lord of the flies Essays
- Macbeth Essays
- Basketball Essays
- Pearl harbor Essays
- New york city Essays
- Odyssey Essays
- Donald trump Essays
- Gender inequality Essays
- Great depression Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to art essays:
- Immigrants Living in the U.S.A. Part 2. Latino Workers LaborDescription: Based on the reading (Labor and Legality, Chapter 5), how do the Busboys convince their employer that they are hard workers, and what is their objective in doing all the work?...2 pages/≈550 words | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- Immigrants Living in the U.S.A. Part 2 continued. Labor and LegalityDescription: The first part of the document addresses the summary of the book Chapter 6 of “Labor and Legality” by Ruth Gomberg-Munoz. Lalo, who is also the narrator in the article, is a Mexican born worker from Leon City. ...2 pages/≈550 words | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- Cultural Appropriation. Visual & Performing Arts EssayDescription: Culture has a rich set of widely accepted definitions all over the world. The word originated from the Latin word colere which means, to cultivate (Cobley). Culture consists of customary beliefs, different social forms, and traits of race, religion or social groups....6 pages/≈1650 words | MLA | Visual & Performing Arts | Essay |