Training and Development in Small Businesses Management Essay (Essay Sample)
Training and Development in Small Businesses
Due Week 4 and worth 260 points.
Select a small business with which you are familiar. Imagine that you have been called into that business to provide a consultation on training. Create a comprehensive training proposal for the business.
Write a 6–8 page paper in which you:
Analyze key elements of training and development geared toward improving the performance of the specific small business for which you are consulting.
Predict 3–5 potential challenges that the managers or owners of the business could face in addressing organizational performance.
Justify the effects of detecting organizational gaps in small business, providing examples to explain the rationale.
Propose a competitive training strategy that will improve the position of the business in the market. The strategy should include, at a minimum, an agenda of training activities, rationale for instructional strategies used, and the return on investment (ROI) that will be gained from the strategy you have developed.
Go to Basic Search: Strayer University Online Library to find at least three quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
This course requires use of new Strayer Writing Standards (SWS). The format is different than other Strayer University courses. Please take a moment to review the SWS documentation for details.
Typed, double-spaced, using Times New Roman font, 12 points, with one-inch margins on all sides.
Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, your name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
Include a reference page. Citations and references must follow SWS format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.
Training and Development in Small Businesses
Key elements of training and development
Training is the preparation of the worker to improve the performance of the assigned position and development is training of the employees perform in positions with more responsibilities and authority. In training, the goals and objectives are defined while an action plan is created and there are necessary resources to carry out training, as well as evaluations of progress and results. The trained employees improve their skills and knowledge and this makes it easier to carry out the tasks required by the job (Görlitz, & Rzepka, 2017). The new workers learn about their duties and understand the organization’s culture, where training makes them more productive and better placed to face workplace challenges. Training requires the acquisition of knowledge, skills and abilities that allow the worker to achieve an effective and efficient performance based on the objectives. Training is short-term and associated with developing competencies. The personnel are prepared for the execution of the various tasks in the organization.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Civil rights movement Essays
- Poetry analysis Essays
- Racial discrimination Essays
- Sociological imagination Essays
- Feminist Essays
- Industrial revolution Essays
- Culture Essays
- Drunk driving Essays
- Cell phone Essays
- Art Essays
- Sociology Essays
- Capital punishment Essays
- Imperialism Essays
- Childhood obesity Essays
- Nursing career Essays
- Physician assisted suicide Essays
- The Merging and Unifying Cultures of 2 companies Management EssayDescription: Marriott International Inc. is a multinational diversified hospitality corporation based in the United States. The company franchises a significant number of hotels and lodging services in various parts of the world. Its headquarters are in Bethesda, Maryland, in America (Business Strategy Hub, 2020)...3 pages/≈825 words | Other | Management | Essay |
- Criteria for Core Competencies. Management AssignmentDescription: Based on Wilkinson (2013), the four criteria that firms should satisfy to ensure that resources or capabilities meet the core competencies are: (1) Valuable; (2) Rare; (3) Costly to imitate; (4) Non-substitutable....2 pages/≈550 words | Other | Management | Essay |
- Five Forces Framework for the Telecom Industry in KuwaitDescription: Similarly, the telecommunication industry advances with time due to the changing preferences of consumers and advancement in technologies, which augments the competition among the telecom companies globally (Market Research, 2020)....2 pages/≈550 words | Other | Management | Essay |