Wk 1 Discussion - Scenes. Literature & Language Essay (Essay Sample)
Read in the required textbook the Introduction of Crafting Truth
"Thanks for the Memorex," by Sarah Vowell on pp. 176-181 of Crafting Truth.
Respond to the following in a minimum of 175 words:
• What might a scene in a personal essay have in common with a fictional work?
• Describe any scene from the assigned reading this week (and, for purposes of this discussion, include the name of the essay and author).
• What conventions does the writer use on the page to take a reader inside the moment?
SUBJECT AND SECTION
DATE OF SUBMISSION
What might a scene in a personal essay have in common with a fictional work?
In a personal essay, writers would describe and narrate a true to life moments in an attempt to engage readers about the experience of the writer. It’s a recount of the writer’s personal life written in detail in portraying a particular scene. This is somewhat common in fictional writing wherein the writer attempt to shape a particular scene based on real-life as the writer observes and records the fact of detail with traditional concepts of literary devices (www.uvm.edu).
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to language essays:
- Discussion-topic Paper. Literature & Language EssayDescription: Thomas Gray’s poem entitled Elegy Written in a Country Yard is perhaps one of the most interesting pieces that I have ever heard since it gives importance to the virtues of the poor, the passion of the masses, and even the similarity of our fates, among others....2 pages/≈550 words | Other | Literature & Language | Essay |
- Command and control Literature & Language Essay PaperDescription: Compared to all military concepts and activities, command and control is military’s most important concept. In contrast to a conventional understanding as a top-down, coercive management of subordinate activities and information, command and control is a broad concept ideally applied...1 page/≈275 words | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- Wk 1 - Scene From 9/11 - short story Literature & Language EssayDescription: It was a usual morning of Tuesday as the sun cut through the middle of the week and people were bustling around. Besides, no one had the time to brace for the deadliest impact in the American history that was going to turn everything upside down. I was among the unfortunate strollers...3 pages/≈825 words | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |