Japanese culture study Literature & Language Essay (Essay Sample)
Choose three of the key concepts (Orientalism; Modern Japan; Nihonjinron; Nationalism; Japanese responses to the West; Anti-imperial imperialism; Peace constitution; Economic miracle; Precarity) from Week 1 lectures and write one paragraph for each explaining the meaning of the keyword and its significance (you can google and paraphrase), and how it is discussed in one assigned reading (make sure cite at least one in each paragraph in the essay). In total, this assignment is three paragraphs.
Each Tier will receive a grade of A if it meets all of the following criteria:
• It clearly and correctly defines key terms
• it stays within the assigned range for word count
• it meets all citation requirements
• it correctly cites all sources
• it is turned in at the beginning of class on the due date
• Spelling/grammar/punctuation mistakes are not severe enough to make the paper
difficult to understand
These materials only help you to write this so you don't need to read them all. Just reed things are related to the concepts you are writing about.
Japanese Culture Study
The Japanese cultural heritage and identity are often misconceived by the West as being much of a conservative or traditionalist orientation. The nation’s cultural identity poses a challenge to the United States’ or rather the western’s ability to comprehend and make a certain understanding of its underlying principles and ideologies. As one of Asia’s first country to embrace modernization, Japan’s steadfast inclination to its cultural heritage leads to the misleading perception of the West as being a traditionalist CITATION Ros00 \l 2057 (Rosen). It remains to be one of the nations whose cultural orientation remains intact and free of the global cultural integration, with little or no impact from the influences of westernization affecting most of the Eastern cultures. The Japanese orientalism refers to the Misleading Western perception of the country’s cultural orientation and the latter’s lack of understanding evidenced by their use of stereotypes to elaborate or explain some of the Japanese cultural aspects CITATION Ros00 \l 2057 (Rosen). The concept of Orientalism thus seeks to highlight the cultural differences between the West and the East through an articulate comparison of the distinct cultural aspects. Additionally, the principle of orientalism establishes the West’s need for cultural superiority as the primary influence on the misconception of the Japanese cultural orientation CITATION Ros00 \l 2057 (Rosen).
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to culture essays:
- Compare and Contrast Culture Paper Health, Medicine, Nursing EssayDescription: I conducted a family interview on my grandfather who is of South American origin and a neighboring grandmother of African American Origin. The interview was based on a family template attached to this paper. From the responses I gathered from this interview, I noticed several similarities...3 pages/≈825 words | 3 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- Psychological disturbances across Cultures. Psychology EssayDescription: Weiten and McCann (2013) claim that schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, and depression are the three serious psychological disturbances that are identifiable in all cultures....3 pages/≈825 words | 4 Sources | APA | Psychology | Essay |
- Organizational culture. Accounting, Finance, SPSS EssayDescription: Organizational culture comprises the assumptions and values that are shared by people in an organization. The corporate culture defines what is important and what is not important within the organization....1 page/≈275 words | 1 Source | MLA | Accounting, Finance, SPSS | Essay |