1 page/≈275 words
Literature & Language
Barbie Doll Poem's Journal (Essay Sample)
I would like to get a journal for "Barbie Doll" poem. The journal is one full page in length without including Name, Course Name, Instructor's Name and Date of Submission. The poet is Marge Piercy. My teacher wants journal that is only based on “Barbie Doll” from A Literature book (Reading, Writing and Argument) ISBN- 9780321396198. I attached that poem. You can use the quotations from that poem. Can you add personal opinion for about the poem. Thank you. source..
Date of submission:
Women from the day they are born they are prepared to be what the society wants them to be. They are prepared to perform certain specific roles in the society. Therefore, a woman can’t be what she want to be but instead does what will please others in the society thus the author refer them as, “…presented dolls that did pee-pee and miniature GE stoves and irons and wee lipsticks the candle of cherry candy” (Marge, Piercy).
In the second stanza we can see that the girl is growing and the lady does not see herself better in the society, she has a low self esteem. The lady goes around trying to please people so that they can accept her. In order then to fit in the society she is advised on what to do. “She was advised to play coy; exhorted to come on hearty” (Marge, Piercy). Whe...
Get the Whole Paper!
Not exactly what you need?
Do you need a custom essay? Order right now:
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Social networking Essays
- A good man is hard to find Essays
- Illegal immigration Essays
- Civil rights movement Essays
- Poetry analysis Essays
- Racial discrimination Essays
- Sociological imagination Essays
- Feminist Essays
- Industrial revolution Essays
- Culture Essays
- Drunk driving Essays
- Cell phone Essays
- Art Essays
- Sociology Essays
- Capital punishment Essays
- Imperialism Essays
- The efects of emotional intelligence on work and personal relationshipsDescription: The efects of emotional intelligence on work and personal relationships Essay...2 pages/≈550 words | 2 Sources | MLA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- The effects of online dating services Description: The effects of online dating services Essay...3 pages/≈825 words | 2 Sources | MLA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- Race amd class in the American Criminal Justice System Description: Race amd class in the American Criminal Justice System Essay...1 page/≈275 words | 1 Source | MLA | Literature & Language | Essay |