Andy Warhol, Atomic Bomb, Barnett Newman, Voice of Fire (Essay Sample)
The objective is to compare and contrast the pair of works so as to explain how they inform us about the relationship of modern art to modern life. Your essay must address the ideas and issues by doing the following:
• Identify the general historical and artistic context for both works (time period, style etc.).
• Explain how the comparison of the works reveals and relates to the key ideas and themes
we've covered in class (this includes reference to aesthetic, historical, social and political
• Analyze how the subject matter and formal properties of each work conveys these ideas.
• Write a conclusion summarizing what you understand to be the most significant point
about the relationship between these two works.
1) Andy Warhol, Atomic Bomb, 1965
2) Barnett Newman, Voice of Fire, 1967
Comparative Analysis Essay1 Andy Warhol, Atomic Bomb, 1965 and Barnett Newman, Voice of Fi...
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- A rose for emily Essays
- Personal experiences Essays
- Things fall apart Essays
- Abraham lincoln Essays
- Heart of darkness Essays
- Suicide Essays
- Fast food Essays
- Short story Essays
- French revolution Essays
- High school Essays
- Standardized testing Essays
- Marijuana Essays
- Brave new world Essays
- Respect Essays
- Stem cell Essays
- Values Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to war essays:
- Research Software Problems Attributable to Cyber Warfare Description: Cyber Security concerns related to software problems. What kind of ramifications do you foresee if our software security is not the highest standards?...4 pages/≈1100 words | 3 Sources | APA | Technology | Research Paper |
- Signature Assessment: Britain After the World War IDescription: The construction of a clearly articulated thesis statement supported by a careful analysis of textual evidence demonstrates critical thinking skills...4 pages/≈1100 words | 4 Sources | MLA | History | Essay |
- Women Should in Wartime be Exempted from Serving in CombatDescription: The viewpoint of women serving in ground combat during wartime has proven to be a contentious issue throughout decades of war...2 pages/≈550 words | 2 Sources | MLA | Social Sciences | Essay |