Uncertainty Reduction Theory. Communications & Media Essay (Essay Sample)
ComlOlIntro to Communication Householder
Paper #2: Social Exchange Theory-Relational; Door-in-the-face; or Uncertainty Reduction Theory (pick one)
1) Briefly review all the major sections of a research article (rationale, methods, results and discussion) on either Social Exchange Theory-Relational: Door-ln-The-Face; or Uncertainty Reduction Theory (pick one). The research piece (Human experimental only) must be taken from a communication journal (or related field) and cited using APA style (in-text and reference page). Use a library database to find the article. Make sure the journal is available first (in full text).
2) Provide a mass media example of this "concept" in action. For example, if the study you pick deals with social exchange theory and employer/employee relations, this section and the following should have nothing to do with employer/employee relations. Provide logical support for how this example is in line with the communication concept. Don't use examples from the research piece. The example should be taken from popular culture (books, films, commercials, billboards, Internet), i.e. you must provide enough detail about the example to make it clear how the example fits the concept you pick. Make sure you address all the context levels clearly, richly and directly. (Cited in APA in-text and References)
3) Provide a specific "Personal" and "interpersonal" (happen to you, for real, with someone you are close with) example of this concept being used. Provide logical support for how this example is in line with the communication concept. Make sure you address all the context levels in that interaction clearly, richly and directly.*
Papers wil I be graded based on:
1. a) Clarity of writing.
2. b) Completeness.
3. c) Quality of examples and support.
4. d) Organization (Intro, thesis, body, clear transitions and conclusion).
5. e) Logic in drawing conclusions.
6. f) Writing quality.
must be double-spaced, typed, and may not exceed 3.5 pages, excluding title page and references (using a 12pt. font, times new roman, linch margins all around) Place your
The paper numbers on the running head. No late papers are accepted. Use APA style for the whole paper. Early papers will be accepted. If you have any questions
name, ku v | pdf DOC or DOCX files accepted. Late papers and improper files will earn a zero,
or come by our office hours,
Uncertainty Reduction Theory
Name of Student;
Date of Submission;
Review of the Uncertainty Reduction Theory
Uncertainty reduction theory (URT) was initially formed to illustrate the outcome of communication between two strangers. Charles Berger and Richard Calabrese (1975) observed that when we encounter uncertainty whenever we interact with strangers because we do not know what to expect. The rationale used in the URT is that people need to have information about the second party to ensure that the second party will be available, thus reducing uncertainty. From this, one can know the second person's behavior; hence, one will be able to predict their action. This theory is essential to consider before any communication that is yet to happen. Additionally, this theory improves the relationship between the two parties. Once one has known the behaviors of the second person, he or she will be able to respond accordingly during communication.
- TCP/IP and its vulnerabilities. Techniques of attacksDescription: The acronyms TCP refers to Transmission Control Protocol and IP refers to Internet Protocol. Internet protocol deals directly with the routing packets of data across computers or routers. ...6 pages/≈1650 words | 4 Sources | MLA | Communications & Media | Essay |
- The Blind Side(film) Interpersonal Media Analysis. Media EssayDescription: This paper aims at analyzing the film “The Blind Side” and examines the relationships between the main characters. Specifically, the dialectical tensions, communication patterns, and formation of relationships between the main characters will be examined. Also, the paper will discuss some of the conflicts...8 pages/≈2200 words | MLA | Communications & Media | Essay |
- The Hate U Give Film Review. Film Critical Evaluation DirectionsDescription: The Hate U Give display white police officers brutality against black men through an appealing story, with a captivating young actress at its core; Amanda Stenberg as Starr Carter. Distributed by 20th Century Fox, every turn of the movie is provocative and stunning...1 page/≈275 words | MLA | Communications & Media | Essay |