The Work To Retirement Transition. Effects of Gender and Race on Labor Force Participation (Essay Sample)
The Work to Retirement Transition
For a variety of reasons, the transition from work to retirement is changing as the needs of workers and societies change. In this discussion, you will be looking at the varied needs of older workers and the options available to them at the end of their careers. Provide responses for the following prompts:
Explain what Labor Force Participation is and how it can be influenced by:
Present at least three reasons why an older worker may want to delay retirement.
Explain how society benefits when older workers delay retirement.
In the context of delaying retirement and transitioning to retirement in a different way, what are the flexible work options that may be available to older workers?
Review the video Investment in Older Workers Turns a Big Profit (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
According to the video, how does the hiring of older workers benefit the employer, Vitaneedle?
According to the video, how do the older workers benefit from their employment at Vitaneedle?
Review the video Teens Lose Important Summer Jobs as Older Workers Fill Spots (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
According to the video, when older workers need to stay in employment and are successful in doing so, what affect can that have on young workers at career entry points?
How can employers and the Government support older worker employment and also ensure their initiatives aren’t detrimental to younger worker employment? What social policy options are there to ensure both vulnerable groups “win”?
Your initial full post should be at least 600 words in length. Support your claims with examples from the required material(s) and/or other scholarly resources, and properly cite any references. The Scholarly, Peer-Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources tablePreview the document offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. For help writing a great discussion post, see this video guide (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.. Respond to at least two of your classmates’ posts by Day 7.
The Work to Retirement Transition
Labor force participation is a class of working men and women, aging from 16 to 64; the housewives, elderly people, and students are not included in this class. The labor force participation rate is measured using different techniques and methods, and it helps determine how many individuals are currently employed and how many are in search of suitable jobs. Sometimes, students and housewives look for part-time employment to meet their expenses in a better way. The aim is to help such people find suitable part-time jobs, depending on their skills and qualifications. However, students and housewives who do not want to do jobs anytime in the future, even when their age is from 16 to 64, are not included in this data set (Winkler, 2016).
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Identity Essays
- Vaccination Essays
- Death penalty Essays
- Cold war Essays
- Song analysis Essays
- Animal cruelty Essays
- Kill a mockingbird Essays
- Homeless Essays
- Salem witch trials Essays
- Medicinal marijuana Essays
- The yellow wallpaper Essays
- Fear Essays
- Freedom of speech Essays
- Women rights Essays
- Modest proposal Essays
- Domestic violence Essays
- Strategies for Agriculture. Social Sciences Essay.Description: Identify and succinctly describe the strategies Crosson and Rosenberg mention that they believe will allow agriculture to feed the world growing population in the future....1 page/≈275 words | No Sources | APA | Social Sciences | Essay |
- Advantages and Disadvantages of GM Food. Social Sciences EssayDescription: By definition, genetic modification (GM), alternatively known as recombinant-DNA technology or genetic engineering, is a technique that facilitates the transfer of selected individual genes between organisms and between non-related species....2 pages/≈550 words | 3 Sources | APA | Social Sciences | Essay |
- Herder’s View of Shakespearean Works. Literature and Language Description: Herder was of the opinion that the world is dynamic and cultures, as well as its reflection in literature, will always be different. Herder faulted those who criticized Shakespeare for neglecting Aristotelian genre-purpose and rules if he has to be regarded as a great thinker....1 page/≈275 words | No Sources | APA | Social Sciences | Essay |