Social Policy For Older Americans. Social Security (Essay Sample)
Social Policy For Older Americans
There are multiple ways in which Governments accommodate for the needs of older citizens through social policy and welfare programs. In this discussion we are going to review key social policy initiatives in the US and explore whether elder support is the remit of Government or the social responsibility of families.
Explain each of the following and how older American citizens benefit from them:
ADA – Americans with Disabilities Act
ADEA – Age Discrimination in Employment Act
FMLA – Family Medical Leave Act
OAA - Older Americans Act
When looking at the role of Government policies and programs, individual citizen’s responsibility to financially prepare, and the support system of family, who holds the social responsibility in the United States for the later life care of the aging? Or do all three parties have a needed role to play? Explain and support your perspective with evidence, such as academic research or Government data.
Your initial full post should be at least 600 words in length. Support your claims with examples from the required material(s) and/or other scholarly resources, and properly cite any references. The Scholarly, Peer-Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources tablePreview the document offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. For help writing a great discussion post, see this video guide (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.. Respond to at least two of your classmates’ posts by Day 7.
Social Policy for the Elderly American
Industrialization and modernization of the society have caused an increase in the aging society. This significant growth in the population of the aging population has sparked the demand for social welfare measures, which will protect the well-being of the elderly. The government’s stance in addressing the plight of the elderly has led to the “graying of the budget (Nelson, 85).” There has been a notable resistance to the social welfare of the elderly because of the increasing costs.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Industrial revolution Essays
- Culture Essays
- Drunk driving Essays
- Cell phone Essays
- Art Essays
- Sociology Essays
- Capital punishment Essays
- Imperialism Essays
- Childhood obesity Essays
- Nursing career Essays
- Physician assisted suicide Essays
- Ethnography Essays
- Dance Essays
- Depression Essays
- Conflict Essays
- Scientific Essays
- Week 4 Journal. Please read the article first, and then write your journalDescription: In the last two weeks we have discussed the challenges of care-giving and retaining dignity in end of life care, especially for those with intense care-giving trajectories like Alzheimer’s and Dementia...3 pages/≈825 words | 1 Source | APA | Social Sciences | Essay |
- The Work To Retirement Transition. Effects of Gender and Race on Labor Force ParticipationDescription: Labor force participation is a class of working men and women, aging from 16 to 64; the housewives, elderly people, and students are not included in this class. ...2 pages/≈550 words | 3 Sources | APA | Social Sciences | Essay |
- Strategies for Agriculture. Social Sciences Essay.Description: Identify and succinctly describe the strategies Crosson and Rosenberg mention that they believe will allow agriculture to feed the world growing population in the future....1 page/≈275 words | No Sources | APA | Social Sciences | Essay |