Megacity – New York. Social Sciences Assignment. (Essay Sample)
Write a paper addressing the following questions:
1. Introduction – provide an overview of a megacity that you selected, where is this city geographically located (in what state and country), why did you selected this megacity, and general demographics (e.g., population, race/ethnicity breakdown or most common languages spoken, gross domestic product (GDP), and most common businesses, etc.)
2. Historical Facts - what were three interesting historical facts that you did not know about this megacity (provide an estimated date when these occurred)?
3. Social Change - what were three different social change/movements that affected this megacity (provide an estimated date when these occurred)? This social change could be cultural, religious, economic, scientific or technological.
4. Conclusion – summarize why this city is a megacity and what makes it interesting/unique. Discuss if you would like to live or visit there and why or why not.
This essay should be 750-1,000 words (3-4 double spaced pages, one inch margins, 12 point font). This is an academic paper, so you should rarely use first person, “I.” Points will be deducted for typo and grammar errors. If you have any citations, you must use American Psychological Association (APA) citation format and include a bibliography/list of references cited. Avoid using Wikipedia for citations; instead, use the citation of the original source where Wikipedia retrieved the information. Include the course number, your first and last name, student ID number, and page numbers on every page (as a header or footer). Upload the assignment into Canvas by the due date and time.
the link is the city I choose
Megacity – New York
Megacity – New York
New York is by far one of the biggest cities in the world. As the host of the headquarters of the United Nations, nothing declares the city’s importance to the world than this. Aside from playing host to the UN, New York is also home to some of the most famous buildings in the world. Some of these include the Empire State Building (which was at one the ruler of the skies), the Chrysler Building, and the Seagram Building. These are monumental and help ensure that the city holds its status as a megacity. Its status as a megacity is also due to the fact that it is made up of five county-level administrative divisions namely Manhattan, Queens, Staten Island, Brooklyn, and The Bronx.
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to scientific essays:
- Students comment on 2-1 & 2-2. Social Sciences EssayDescription: Kira says that the confidentiality of a client should be the top priority, but it is very unfortunate that it is never guaranteed (Anderson, et al. 2012)....1 page/≈275 words | APA | Social Sciences | Essay |
- Role of a researcher Social Sciences Research PaperDescription: Researches are crucial since they enable learners to gather relevant data about a particular issue or subject. In other words, they facilitate the learning process and allow individuals to accumulate knowledge. One of the most critical people when carrying out research is an interviewer....1 page/≈275 words | APA | Social Sciences | Research Paper |
- Data Sources Social Sciences Research Paper Essay CourseworkDescription: The first data collection tool we used for collecting data is a Checklist. This can be regarded as a list or format created to carry out repetitive activities (Hesse-Biber, 2018). With a checklist, it was easy for us to collect data in a systematic and orderly manner. It also helped us carry out inspections...1 page/≈275 words | APA | Social Sciences | Research Paper |