Technology Training: Jessie Woolley-Wilson (Essay Sample)
Answer the following questions and include a link to the video:
1. What do you find interesting or surprising about the information in the video?
2. How does it relate back to your weekly objectives?
Blending technology and classroom learning: Jessie Woolley-Wilson at TEDxRainier
The video is quite informative. Jessie Woolley-Wilson brings to the fore, the importance of e-learning but with a mix of traditional classroom face-to-face learning. She terms this as blended learning. She states that there is a rapid change in the education sector, something that has been further hastened by the expectation of more using less capital allocation. It looks like the expenditure on education has greatly reduced, but still, the government expects the best outcome from the same. Learning institutions and educationalists therefore, have to think outside the box so as to balance quality education and the time taken to achieve such education.
Something else of note from the video is the second major force which is changing education is a positive way; adaptive learning. In education, they are simply tools that analyze a student’s periodic performance and then based on such data, new teaching m
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to learning styles:
- The nurse's role and responsibility as a health educatorDescription: As a health educator, a nurse has a role of improving the health of everyone and the nation at large. Educating people is a vital aspect of nursing in all their practice settings such as homes, health care delivery settings, community, and schools. ...1 page/≈275 words | 3 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- Adult Specific Learning StylesDescription: The speaker points out that learning styles do not exist as it is in contrast to many peoples believes. She proves this by giving an example of the ability of people to understand a particular content in the same manner regardless of the learning style used....1 page/≈275 words | 2 Sources | APA | Management | Essay |
- Research Project: Communication StylesDescription: Communication is an everyday technique and art that has to be honed properly if the intended objectives are to be successful. Being an art, people develop varied degree of impression manipulations, emotionality, questionings, verbal aggressions, precisions, and ultimate expressions....4 pages/≈1100 words | 5 Sources | APA | Communications & Media | Essay |