What Are Some Key Terms In Health Information Technology? (Essay Sample)
Technology has proven effectiveness in speed of information transmission, which leads to prompt healthcare service delivery, prompt treatment of illnesses and better health outcomes. Policies drive the success of health technology through practice standardization. However, cost, safety and security, ethics, and legality have all been target areas of health technology policies. In a minimum of 250 words, discuss the following:
Define health technology policy.
What are some key terms in health information technology? List and define two.
What organizations safeguard health policies? List at least two organizations and a policy they safeguard.
Provide a brief description of the U.S. Food Drug Administration’s (FDA’s) role in health policy.
It is recommended that you watch the video below (Health Care: A Modern Day Blade Runner?) to assist you with this discussion.
Health Technology and Policy Analysis
Health Technology and Policy Analysis
Health Technology Policy
Health technology policy involves the use of medical and surgical procedures and devices in conducting diagnostic tests. Tummy tucks, gastric sleeve, and liposuction are effective procedures on weight loss. In fact, the procedures are ideal examples of the use of modern forms of technology through the use of health technology policy.
1 What are some key terms in health information technology?
Electronic Medical Records (EMR) is a systemized collection of patient’s health information in a digital format. The system is effectively designed to facilitate sharing of information among all the healthcare providers involved in patient’s care (Sittig & Singh, 2015). Arguably, authorized medical practitioners from various healthcare organizations can create and manage health data to prevent over-medicating patients. Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) is a federal law that provides privacy standards for protecting medical records of patients and any other information provided to doctors, healthcare providers, and hospitals.
2 What organizations safeguard health policies? List at least two organizations and a policy they safeguard.
The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act establishes the standards of protecting a patient’s m
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Civil rights movement Essays
- Poetry analysis Essays
- Racial discrimination Essays
- Sociological imagination Essays
- Feminist Essays
- Industrial revolution Essays
- Culture Essays
- Drunk driving Essays
- Cell phone Essays
- Art Essays
- Sociology Essays
- Capital punishment Essays
- Imperialism Essays
- Childhood obesity Essays
- Nursing career Essays
- Physician assisted suicide Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to technology:
- Communications Technology: Analyze And Plan, Research And OrganizeDescription: The advantages in investing in new communications technology would cater to the growing demands of meeting the needs of our clients as well as providing our board members access to tools that would significantly ease their work load and at the same time reduce their travel costs....5 pages/≈1375 words | No Sources | APA | Literature & Language | Coursework |
- Application for Technology Summer Analyst in New YorkDescription: Using at least 3 sources (e.g.) the company’s website, company brochures, or related articles), write a 250 word memo which provides an overview of the position and the company to which you are applying. ...1 page/≈275 words | 2 Sources | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- What Are The Effects Of The Use Of Technology In This Society?Description: Please write an essay based on the information that “What are the effects of the technology in this society” compare between the book 《Feed》and the film WALL-E ...4 pages/≈1100 words | 6 Sources | MLA | Literature & Language | Essay |