3 pages/≈825 words
Literature & Language
Legal Protections (Essay Sample)
Locate an article specifically related to e-business and intellectual property. Write a 350- to 700-word review of the article in APA format. Your review should assess the different types of and legal protections for intellectual property. Analyze the legal issues of e-business to include intellectual property, privacy, ethics, and security. Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines and submit via Assignments link. Be prepared to discuss your review in class. source..
Due to the advancement in technology, the e-commerce and e-business have grown substantially in last few decades. The growth in the industry has given birth to security problems and threats. Or paper will discuss the different types of and legal protections for intellectual property, further emphasizing on the legal issues of e-business to include intellectual property, privacy, ethics, and security.
Legal Protections for Intellectual Property
In many countries separate detailed laws have been formed to ensure the protection of intellectual property. However broadly, the types of mechanism in place for the protection of intellectual property are:
Patent is a protection that provides only one right. It is the right to exclude others from doing what is already been claimed in the patent. In order to patent an invention it should be different, unobvious and useful. Any breach of the patent right could be challenged in the court anywhere in the world.
Copyrights protect the works of authorship, such as writings, music, and works of art that have been tangibly expressed. Copyright is governed by a regulatory framework which allows the use of the copyright invention through licensing by the owner.
Trademarks give protection to words, names, symbols, sounds, or colors that distinguish goods and services. Trademarks, unlike patents, can be renewed forever as long as they are being used in business. Trademark infringement results in various types of penalties which can be quite severe.
A trade secret is information that companies keep secret to give them an advantage over their competitors. Any attempt to obtain the trade secrets by improper means or the misappropriation of any information obtained through improper means can be challenged in the court of law (Besen & Raskind, 1991).
Issues and protection in E-Business
In principle, all laws that apply to traditional commerce apply to business conducte...
Get the Whole Paper!
Not exactly what you need?
Do you need a custom essay? Order right now:
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Relationship Essays
- Plagiarism Essays
- Poems Essays
- Identity Essays
- Vaccination Essays
- Death penalty Essays
- Cold war Essays
- Song analysis Essays
- Animal cruelty Essays
- Kill a mockingbird Essays
- Homeless Essays
- Salem witch trials Essays
- Medicinal marijuana Essays
- The yellow wallpaper Essays
- Fear Essays
- Freedom of speech Essays
- Research a global organization and a cultural issue that affects this organization's interac. . .Description: Undergraduate writing level 3 pages Literature and Language Format Style English (U.S.) Essay. Research a global organization and a cultural issue that affects this organization’s interactions outside the United States (American Express)...3 pages/≈825 words | 2 Sources | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- TorquemadaDescription: Undergraduate writing level 1 page Literature and Language Format Style English (U.S.) Essay. Torquemada was the first Grand Inquisitor of Spain. The Inquisition tortured people identified as heretics until they confessed. Assume that he believed in good faith that heretics who failed to confess would suffer eternal punishments far worse than any he could impose in this world. Consider the possibility that he was correct. Was the inquisition moral? Was Torquemada virtuous? Please consider Ethical Theories when answering questions....1 page/≈275 words | No Sources | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- What should your company do considering the ethical theories?Description: Undergraduate writing level 1 page Literature and Language Format Style English (U.S.) Essay. What should your company do considering the ethical theories?...1 page/≈275 words | No Sources | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |